AMD [H]ardOCP GamExperience - July 16

Thanks

It should be a lot of fun.

Seeya there!

Kyle,

Coming from Peoria, Az. 17.5 hour drive. That's got to be worth a T-shirt... Going to make a family vacation out of it. Going to Six Flags and Hurricane Harbor! Can't wait, see you, everyone else, and AMD there....

Kyle,

Coming from Peoria, Az. 17.5 hour drive. That's got to be worth a T-shirt... Going to make a family vacation out of it. Going to Six Flags and Hurricane Harbor! Can't wait, see you, everyone else, and AMD there....
Damn, son! They don't call you Krazy for nothing. :p

See you folks in < 3 weeks. :cool:

Kyle,

Hehe, awesome. We will make sure you don't leave empty handed. :D

Airport would be DFW International or Love's Field...

Hotel...Depends on your price?

Cheap - Motel 6
Nice - Hilton

:p

I can't go but I'm excited that Bulldozer will be there. I'm holding back on building a new rig until I find out how it does. But it's so hard to do that... So [H]...

Airport would be DFW International or Love's Field...

Hotel...Depends on your price?

Cheap - Motel 6
Nice - Hilton

:p

Which of the 2 airports tends to be less?? In the DC area the one closet to DC (National) tends to be more. As for hotel, middle of the road...

Which of the 2 airports tends to be less?? In the DC area the one closet to DC (National) tends to be more. As for hotel, middle of the road...

Depends...

Southwest airlines mostly flys into love field...american airlines and others into dfw international..

Yeah, AthlonXP, price out both DFW for AA and DAL for SWA on various travel sites. SWA has the advantage of letting you check-in bags for free but AA has the advantage of being able to fly direct, unlike SWA which has to deal w/ Wright Amendment crap.

Ok, I'm in US now. Is someone planning to go from Oklahoma City to Dallas and want a travel mate? :D

Kyle, is there going to be any info about Bulldozer such as benchmarks or just a system running it?

I just registered to say thanks for the post! Landed here while searching for BD related stuff on other forums but I game as well :) I am in RIchardson, should be able to make it. Will spread the word and see you guys soon.

I just registered to say thanks for the post! Landed here while searching for BD related stuff on other forums but I game as well :) I am in RIchardson, should be able to make it. Will spread the word and see you guys soon.

Welcome to the forums...good luck not getting addicted to checking this forum every day :p (multiple times a day)

I'm going, my wife is going and my best friend is going... Where do I get the e-mail to sign up at? Maybe i'll just spam the e-mail from last time ;)

I've got a non-gaming question I'd like answered about Bulldozer (since my wife's school work deals with Photoshop/Illustrator primarily and they use iMac's in the class lab). Is a rep from AMD going to be on hand to answer non-gaming questions like this? It would definitely help her if any questions relating to multi-threaded applications such as Adobe's can/could be answered.

Looking at the map, and granted i've never taken the Dart rail down to deep ellum, but it doesn't look like you can really walk there from the Deep Ellum rail stop unless you want to walk down the expressway. You might be able to do that easily enough if there is a sidewalk on the service road if there is one but I'm not sure. You can take it to the Baylor exit one down and then walk a few blocks.

Here is the link to the map: Map

Either way, I'm still going!
Commerce is just 2 blocks south from the green line stop. It is no big deal to walk from there.

Cool event. My birthday is the 14th so this will be a b-day present to myself...maybe win a bulldozer CPU or AMD gfx card :)

Welcome to the forums...good luck not getting addicted to checking this forum every day :p (multiple times a day)

Thats not normal? :confused:
guess we DCers are different types of folks...

Yeah, AthlonXP, price out both DFW for AA and DAL for SWA on various travel sites. SWA has the advantage of letting you check-in bags for free but AA has the advantage of being able to fly direct, unlike SWA which has to deal w/ Wright Amendment crap.

Thanks, probably going to head out of national since I live right by there. Will end up leaving Saturday morning and get into Dallas around 10am. Going to talk to my other half to confirm everything but I am very excited!!

Kyle, is there going to be any info about Bulldozer such as benchmarks or just a system running it?

Bulldozer will be there running and to my knowledge you can be one of the first people in the world to play a game on it. :D

I'm going, my wife is going and my best friend is going... Where do I get the e-mail to sign up at? Maybe i'll just spam the e-mail from last time ;)

NO SIGN UP NEEDED TO ATTEND. Just show up. :D

I've got a non-gaming question I'd like answered about Bulldozer (since my wife's school work deals with Photoshop/Illustrator primarily and they use iMac's in the class lab). Is a rep from AMD going to be on hand to answer non-gaming questions like this? It would definitely help her if any questions relating to multi-threaded applications such as Adobe's can/could be answered.

Dunno. Marketing guys there, but honestly, some of those guys are pretty damn smart.

Sorry Kyle, but I have another rally event I will be going to and need the money for that.

Hopefully they play an awesome game called CineBench 11.5.
I'd love to play that game if I were there. ;)

Thanks, probably going to head out of national since I live right by there. Will end up leaving Saturday morning and get into Dallas around 10am. Going to talk to my other half to confirm everything but I am very excited!!
Good luck, but prepare for the heat. It's pretty much low 100s here. :eek: But once inside, we'll have the cool A/C. :cool:

More sponsors on board to show off its wares and chip in for more free stuff.

HardOCP_GamExperience.gif

There is going to be so much scwhag to be had, you will be an idiot for not showing up if you are within a 100 mile radius of downtown Dallas.

Today.........will be announced HardOCP news page.

of course not, the NDA doesn't even expire before the event.

I just don't see that happening either, although one can dream. Someone from our folding team is going to have to figure a way to go and sneak Musky's folding benchmark onto one of the Zambezi 8 cores and give us a preview of how those 8 core suckers will fold though.

It would really be nice if AMD was doing a Hard launch of Bulldozer although I keep getting the feeling that this may end up being a soft launch, even if there are a bunch of actual BD's for people to get hands on with.

YAY... Signed up :) Random TF2 Rockets, here I come :p

Back