AMD [H]ardOCP GamExperience - July 16

Is this the successor to the [H] workshops or is that only a quakecon thing? Man, I still have very fond memories of those. Phantom smashing anyone? ;)

I have a LAN party that weekend, but I figure I can show up to it a little later. Count me in! :D

Is this the successor to the [H] workshops or is that only a quakecon thing? Man, I still have very fond memories of those. Phantom smashing anyone? ;)

No this is a gaming event. We are gonna play games, show off demos, etc. Not a monologue like QC.

My apologies if this has already been answered but do we need to register or just show up?

On the Facebook page I have set up a event. If you like you can go there and click on attending or will be posting an email address shortly for people to RSVP.

Once we announce the details of the tourney (fun not professional) we will use email to handle registration for it.

I live in TX, about an hour from Dallas. I'm subscribing for details and updates. :cool:

Any word on times yet? Even approx would be great... Just trying to see if I need to get the day off, or if it will be going after work...

-Erik

count me in as well! Will there be a signup page? Or invites like for the eyefinity event?

There will be signup for 3 tourney events. More to come on that. Looks to be 7v7.

I'm going to have to run this by the wife...

Pics? :p

I live in TX, about an hour from Dallas. I'm subscribing for details and updates. :cool:

You should come for sure.

Hmmmm Dallas is a 5 hour drive for me... very very very tempting!!! :)

Hmmm, five hour drive. If you are a big hardware geek and gamer, I would say go for it if you get some good gas mileage. You are going to have exposure to a lot of guys from AMD if you want to talk it up, and the atmosphere is going to be very casual. Plenty of prizes and raffle stuff.

Cool, I'll ask off... If you need any help getting stuff to and from the event, let me know. I live in Lewisville.

-Erik

Zarathustra[H];1037419211 said:
Oh man, I would absolutely love this. Are said AMD guys going to be actual engineers, or are they going to be marketing types?

The 29 hour drive (or airfare) + hotel make this a tough one though :(

Sorry, just pondscum marketing managers. :D

I take it you'll also be present?

I'm penciling the date in my calendar. :cool:

Do you know yet what the admission fee will be?

Yes I will be there all day long.

ADMISSION IF FREE

This is just one of the ways we want to bring updates about the event to you guys, we'll be posting updates here as usual, in the forums, Facebook, Twitter, from the rooftops and so on.
Please post azimuth and declination coordinates for rooftop updates. I will be keeping rooftop vigil from tonight until the event.

Southwest was having a 40th anniversary "sale", looked at getting airfare out there but their sale is full of crap. :mad:

Southwest was having a 40th anniversary "sale", looked at getting airfare out there but their sale is full of crap. :mad:
SWA's sale, which ended on 6/23, was for travel between 8/23 and 11/16, or something like that, but definitely didn't include July travel.

lol damn it ... how did I miss this? I live like 5 minutes away

Can I bring my camera? :)

Deep Ellum sucks for parking, does this place have its own?

I've been reading [H] for years now, don't ever post in the forums but I'm pretty sad I can't catch a flight from San Diego... too damn expensive. My computer engineering degree needs to be payed for first...

Dart has a Deep Elum light rail station, you could park and ride to avoid parking in Deep Elum.
I live in FW and wouldn't mind paying $10 to take the train, as long as wherever in Dallas this event is held is walking distance from a train station.

Looking at the map, and granted i've never taken the Dart rail down to deep ellum, but it doesn't look like you can really walk there from the Deep Ellum rail stop unless you want to walk down the expressway. You might be able to do that easily enough if there is a sidewalk on the service road if there is one but I'm not sure. You can take it to the Baylor exit one down and then walk a few blocks.

Here is the link to the map:[ame="http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=450+N+Good+Latimer+Expy,+Dallas,+Texas+75204&daddr=2616+Commerce+Street,+Dallas,+TX&hl=en&ll=32.785101,-96.788049&spn=0.005195,0.01134&sll=32.783378,-96.783425&sspn=0.005196,0.01134&geocode=FQZG9AEdXCA7-ikXxxzz3phOhjFOPaPJ5ef-wg%3BFU859AEdISw7-iktMC1g55hOhjFnqtpJc46Lig&mra=ls&dirflg=t&z=17"] Map[/ame]

Either way, I'm still going!

where would be a good place to park and ride via DART if you're visiting from out of town? Easy access to I-30 or 635 would be great, since I'd be able to avoid paying $10-15 for parking in Deep Ellum.

The 2616commerce.com site claims in the FAQ that there is parking available for $5, accessible from Canton St., which runs behind the establishment. Looking at it, not sure if that lot will hold more than a few dozen cars, though. It's hard to tell because part of the lot is under the freeway.

http://www.2616commerce.com/faq.html

Considering DART is a $3.50 round trip, I may just drive and take a chance on parking.

Went to the last one here in Dallas. Sooooo Going to this one too. Lol my work usually offers overtime on Saturdays but definitely not doing it that sat!

Back