AMD [H]ardOCP GamExperience - July 16

I didn't shoot a lot, and I was disappointed to find that most of those I did take were quite crap. Here are some that were at least in focus.

5945191203_abbe4c0096_b_d.jpg

5945753072_185068276b_b_d.jpg

5945753602_9b22b25e47_b_d.jpg

5945761416_0c2e6b73b5_b_d.jpg

5945769184_a8269fd322_b_d.jpg

Essentially the same as the others in this thread. Dirt3 on the projectors was amazing! WTB space big enough for that setup!

the last photo is just one I thought was interesting....... RL has pretty realistic shadowing from time to time. (aka.. lul bump mapping.)

Thanks again for putting on the party, Kyle!

OMG LOL

I wonder what Kyle is thinking in that pic with the babe in it.

/slinks off to GenMay.

muahhahhaa, GenMay is the best.

Was there anything new hardware wise apart from Bulldozer showing game you could push even on Phenom II to the max?

Thanks to Kyle, Hard OCP, AMD, Sapphire, MSI, Corsair, XFX, and ASUS. These events take a lot of planning and effort to make happen. Just want to give a Big thanks to all the sponsors as well as Kyle for making it happen, it was a blast had a great time.

Was there anything new hardware wise apart from Bulldozer showing game you could push even on Phenom II to the max?

as far as i know they had Dirt 3, TF2 terny and Dues what ever the heck that game is called but they had tons of problems with it.

I thought the 3D demo on the Visio LCD was pretty cool. It used passive 3D and it didn't hurt my eyes like Nvidia 3D does. Dragon Age 2 seemed like a cool game, may have to pick that one up to hold me over till D3 comes out.

Great fun, thanks to Kyle and all the sponsors. Was well worth the 400mi round trip.

Today I replace an aged GTX260 with a MSI R6870 Twin Frozr II scored in the drawing. Gonna be a great Sunday!:D

Great fun, thanks to Kyle and all the sponsors. Was well worth the 400mi round trip.

Today I replace an aged GTX260 with a MSI R6870 Twin Frozr II scored in the drawing. Gonna be a great Sunday!:D

nice! enjoy you lucky dog!

I thought the 3D demo on the Visio LCD was pretty cool. It used passive 3D and it didn't hurt my eyes like Nvidia 3D does. Dragon Age 2 seemed like a cool game, may have to pick that one up to hold me over till D3 comes out.

i know, that looked awesome. wish i had tried it.

Videos i recorded with my cell phone
[ame="http://youtu.be/PeToz-f1aV8"]302 Found[/ame]

and

[ame="http://youtu.be/6CD9CZvyg6g"]302 Found[/ame]

check it out and comment!

Just wanted to to say thank you to everyone involved for the event, it was awesome as always. Thanks again Kyle!

Anyone else get parking tickets? :(

There was a guy there at today's event wearing a Terreria t-shirt.. can someone post a picture of it or provide a link to it?

I got a parking ticket because I just put 2 in the slot instead of 5... missed the smaller line below the giant 2$ ALL DAY.

Had a blast! Thoroughly impressed with the vendor/sponsor support! Amazing how much high end swag they gave out for the amount of people that were actually there.

Had a blast! Thoroughly impressed with the vendor/sponsor support! Amazing how much high end swag they gave out for the amount of people that were actually there.

Yea, we went back out and had to put $3 more in cause we only put $2 in to start off with till someone inside said something about it.

It's ripple effect marketing. It leads to you buying their products in the future and passing the word to your friends as name brand to by from. I can tell you that six people I personally know have bought an asus laptops because of me. I love my g73 and recommend them to anyone.

I got a parking ticket because I just put 2 in the slot instead of 5... missed the smaller line below the giant 2$ ALL DAY.

i went and put 5 in on top of the 2...saw the guy checking cars that paid and he refused to give me my 2 dollars back. what an asshole. surely it sticks out when you find a 5 and 2 singles and someone is giving you that same scenario.

he was like "well, at lease you didn't get a 50 dollar ticket". fucker!

It's ripple effect marketing. It leads to you buying their products in the future and passing the word to your friends as name brand to by from. I can tell you that six people I personally know have bought an asus laptops because of me. I love my g73 and recommend them to anyone.

Well its extremely effective. A friend of mine won a coolermaster case from QC 4 years ago, and may as well work for them now for the amount of people he turned onto them.

I had a great time there. It was a very well run event with Kyle ([H]), AMD, and the other sponsors. Great to meet some members and esp. the owner himself, Dennis Miller, I mean Kyle Bennett. :D Thanks for all the swag and although I didn't win a video card, it was well worth it. I hope there's another Game Experience next year! :cool:

I took pics and vids as well (w/ my phone), but they don't compare with what the pro photographers took, whenever that's posted.

Thanks again!

Thanks to Kyle, Hard OCP, AMD, Sapphire, MSI, Corsair, XFX, and ASUS. These events take a lot of planning and effort to make happen. Just want to give a Big thanks to all the sponsors as well as Kyle for making it happen, it was a blast had a great time.

As a minor sponsor, I had a lot of fun. I hope you guys enjoyed the triple projection setups with Dirt3. I set up the software that pre-warps and edge blended the projectors. Check out NTHUSIM if you can get a chance. We're trying to make triple projection affordable for the consumer market. :D

There was a serious amount of hardware in the raffles. Those that went had a good chance at getting something. :)

Last edited:
As a minor sponsor, I had a lot of fun. I hope you guys enjoyed the triple projection setups with Dirt3. I set up the software that pre-warps and edge blended the projectors. Check out NTHUSIM if you can get a chance. We're trying to make triple projection affordable for the consumer market. :D

There was a serious amount of hardware in the raffles. Those that went had a good chance at getting something. :)

Yeah I was wondering how that curve screened worked, looks interesting ;) I have 1 projector. I want like 3,5, or 6 but that's pretty crazy ha. I'll check out your site, and products! ;)

It was a blast! I was there the whole day...hung out with AthlonXP, who came from Washington D.C., played pretty much everything that was there.

Didn't win anything though sadly, I was #083 and like 6 other people in the 80's got called but not me. Its all good though the event was cool and I got a RatpadzXT and some shirts (which I have no computer geek shirts, so this was much needed!)

Thanks Kyle!

The other thing I know is that the projectors were 720p, so the rig wasn't really being pushed too hard.

They were Optoma GT720 720p but the non-native resolution they were ran at was 1080p scaler, so they were pushing 5760x1080 scaled at 3840x800 native. Even though they were 720p projectors they're $500 street price each, which makes it affordable for triple-projection. As a bonus, they're 120hz S3D capable, although they were not used that way for the event. The Bulldozer rigs for the Dirt3 systems were right out in the open for all to paw over. No lead lined cases there. They were engineering sample silicon. I believe they were 3.4ghz? on the stock AMD heatsink. The motion actuated racing seats were provided by D-Box and used standard Logitech G27 wheels.

Last edited:
I just pulled my pics off my Canon t2i and here are a few quick ones.

It's almost time to let the doors open at 10am. There was a bit of a line. :)
theline.jpg

One of the tournament sessions.
tournamento.jpg

It's raffle time!
raffletime2.jpg

raffletime.jpg

Ibrin (WSGF), Kyle ([H]) and me.
ibrinkylebrad.jpg

Dirt3 Triple-Projection on the two AMD Bulldozer rigs.
dirt3rig6.jpg

dirt3rig5.jpg

dirt3rig4.jpg

dirt3rig3.jpg

dirt3rig2.jpg

dirt3rig.jpg

I have a bunch of video I need to weed through. I'll post to my YouTube channel later if anyone is interested. Enjoy! :D

anybody knows Nick's steam name, he told me he played bfbc2 everyday and the names he gave me both haven't been online in days...

N*** was the guy that manned the server during the tf2 matches

nevermind...think i found him on steam finally. he said he played bfbc2 everyday...and this guy that has the screen name he gave me...has 856 so obviously this guy plays everyday! lol

Last edited:

looks awesome!

http://nthusim.com/

will check that out... one note... change the exe to something else other than sol ...

Great pics, BHawthorne. :cool: I'll post a few of mine (just be warned they're phone pics) soon.

will check that out... one note... change the exe to something else other than sol ...

Ah, good catch. That dll naming was a carry-over from the Sol7 professional utility. Immersaview produces Sol7 Pro, SimVisuals and NTHUSIM product lines off similar codebase. I'll let Alex know of the oversight on naming for that build. :)

Last edited:
A few more pics. Here are three 360 panoramas of the location right at 10am just before the doors opened to the public. :)

001schthumb.jpg

002schthumb.jpg

003schthumb.jpg

I'm still weeding through the videos for YouTube posting. Probably will see 3-4 1080p videos sometime in the afternoon.

yeah, the tf2 hud on the eyefinity setups was horrible lol

Somebody needs a TF2 HUD Fix! I'm suprised Ibrin doesn't keep those on a thumb drive at all times :p

i heard quite a few people complaint about the HUD...i can certainly see their point. is there really a fix for this?

They were Optoma GT720 720p but the non-native resolution they were ran at was 1080p scaler, so they were pushing 5760x1080 scaled at 3840x800 native. Even though they were 720p projectors they're $500 street price each, which makes it affordable for triple-projection. As a bonus, they're 120hz S3D capable, although they were not used that way for the event. The Bulldozer rigs for the Dirt3 systems were right out in the open for all to paw over. No lead lined cases there. They were engineering sample silicon. I believe they were 3.4ghz? on the stock AMD heatsink. The motion actuated racing seats were provided by D-Box and used standard Logitech G27 wheels.

so, how affordable is it to play with a projector at home?

and noob projector questions:
how long does the bulb last? how much are they to replace?
can a single projector...give a resolution similar to eyefinity? so you can see more of the picture or are 3 required for the extra resolution?

i heard quite a few people complaint about the HUD...i can certainly see their point. is there really a fix for this?

Yes. An unfixed HUD is a dealbreaker for medics and engies (and any class using timed/charged weapons) ; it's difficult to play with those meters on the edges of your peripheral vision.

Yes. An unfixed HUD is a dealbreaker for medics and engies (and any class using timed/charged weapons) ; it's difficult to play with those meters on the edges of your peripheral vision.

I typically do not rely on the HUD too much when playing FPS games. This is good because on my setup, the HUD spacing can make looking at the information next to impossible.

Back