AMD GPUs Back in Stock

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
List of in-stock AMD video cards sent over by AMD.

Another V64 at $589 after $20 MIR.

GIGABYTE Radeon RX Vega64: $599, Newegg
GIGABYTE Radeon RX Vega64: $599, Amazon
MSI Radeon RX Vega56: $499, Amazon
GIGABYTE Radeon RX Vega56: $499 (after $50 rebate), Newegg
ASUS Radeon RX 580: $269 (after $30 rebate), B&H Photo
MSI Radeon RX 580: $279, Newegg
GIGABYTE Radeon RX 580: $289, Newegg
ASUS Radeon RX 570: $239 (after $20 rebate), Newegg
ASUS Radeon RX 570: $269 (after $20 rebate), Newegg
MSI Radeon RX 570: $279, Newegg

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
That isn't too bad price wise. It still makes me shiver that the 4 RX 480's I got during 2016 black friday were only 125 bucks each compared to today.

I don't know why but I want a PowerColor Red Devil 64.

One of my favorite cards I ever had was a PowerColor 4850. I overclocked the nads off that thing and abused the shit out of it because I was just starting to learn how to OC. That thing never faltered no matter how hard I hammered it. Had a sweet spot for PowerColor ever since. It's going for $620 with $20 MIR and free Far Cry 5 at Newegg. They're $900 at Amazon for some reason.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814131734

And they are gon... Wait they still in stock. Proves that the mining thing is dead. For buying new cards anyway.

Man. Those prices didn't last. Several sold out already too.

All the 580s we're 4g

I got a red devil rx580 8G for my nephew for $319. It's worth the $30 upgrade

Yeh, no buying from me.

RX VEGA56 should be $400 max (MSRP) and that's not even counting the GTX 980 Ti and GTX 1070 / GTX 1070 Ti that exist.

RX 580 8GB asking $200 is generous, I remember before all the mining hit and they were $250 new right after launch. The RX 480 8GB cards were going $170-180 before the RX 580 launch.

RX 570 should be $160 max ; the RX 470 was around $150 before going EOL. The only exception might be the Sapphire Nitro 8GB RX 570 , but even that card shouldn't be anywhere close to $300.

Every GPU is super inflated right now , it's permeated through both brands' product stacks such that a GT 1030 is $100 (lol).

The $499 Vega56 link goes to a $549 priced card. Sigh. (Rebate drops it to $525). List was $399.

That's just a 37.5% miner's tax. Sigh, again.

Crypto value dropped guys. Manufacturers need to adjust the price and make it more affordable/attractive!

It is still price gouging.....if crypto was highly valuable. I would pay the prices.

Not Interested, I think Gamers should be getting good deals soon! We should make gamers happy again!

Now if crypto goes to the moon, well you can go pound sand since they will be sold off the shelves!

Good to see prices sort of normalizing, but still high and please can we get some better cooled Vega cards? Those Gigabyte 2 fan aftermarket coolers suck as does the blower designed MSI. The Sapphire Nitro+ or Asus Strix are the only ones I'd consider and they are still insanely priced if you can find them.

I wish i had bought the Vega Fronter Edition at 700 way back when considering these new normal low prices stick suck donkey dicks.....Not to mention i perfer XFX anyway

You use to be able to pickup a RX 580 8GB for like $240's on Newegg about a year and half to two years ago. It's normalizing a bit more, but still a lot of price raping for something now a year and half to two years older.

You use to be able to pickup a RX 580 8GB for like $240's on Newegg about a year and half to two years ago. It's normalizing a bit more, but still a lot of price raping for something now a year and half to two years older.
yea thats why I ended up with a 1080ti here in the forums for 625. Atleast I got it below retail and no taxes. Its not even the base model, I grabbed the evga FTW3, top of the line, great quality. I was thinking about vega but I wanted to do the best I could for single card and 4k resolution. I can tweak a few settings to make it more playable.

vega are still 100$ over MSRP

Over reference MSRP. Non reference cards do not sell at Reference MSRP prices. Also, the Red Devil Vega 56 is $499 after a $20 mail in rebate. Those prices Kyle listed are pretty good, all things considered.

You totally missed the Red Devil Vega 56 and 64. Also, based upon what I have been reading of other people's experiences, the Gigabyte one has extremely poor cooling performance.

Thats not true. I had the vega 56 gigabyte aftermarket that I just sold. It was fine with cooling, undervolted like a champ. I never had the temps reach 80. Always high 60s and low 70s.

everytime I checked max temp with GPUz it was high 60s. I am just actually throwing low 70s just in case I missed it.

I guess my hobby will wait for another year to upgrade. There is no point in checking the prices anymore.

That isn't too bad price wise. It still makes me shiver that the 4 RX 480's I got during 2016 black friday were only 125 bucks each compared to today.
That is/was a great price. What cards and source? Got my MSI 480 gaming X for $160 from the Egg same weekend.

I guess my hobby will wait for another year to upgrade. There is no point in checking the prices anymore.
Just be patient. Once the whole mining thing washes out, the flood of used cards bought in the last two years will crash prices to the ground. Even if the mining craze doesn't end completely, there will still be fresh cards coming out of mining rigs to increase supply and bring down the prices.

In shareholders reports both AMD and Nvidia showed a slowdown in card purchases, and this has directly correlated to mining activity, which still hasn't hit the 3-5yr hardware upgrade cycle. Something is going to give somewhere and I expect the cards will back back in our favor soon enough (pun intended :ROFLMAO:).

... there will still be fresh cards coming out of mining rigs

No, there will be thrashed, abused and dried out husks coming out of mining rigs. I'm afraid to buy off eBay, if a miner shuts off 30% of his production he is not going to sell his newest cards, he's going to sell his smokers.

And a miner I know keeps all of his retail video card packaging in pristine condition so his old cards will sell better.

No, there will be thrashed, abused and dried out husks coming out of mining rigs. I'm afraid to buy off eBay, if a miner shuts off 30% of his production he is not going to sell his newest cards, he's going to sell his smokers.

And a miner I know keeps all of his retail video card packaging in pristine condition so his old cards will sell better.
Not all of them. Heat is the enemies of cards and of miners. It doesn't seem to make sense to run a card at 100% because of all the heat that's generated and wear on the card itself for a terrible later resale price.

The best practice for capital investment and re-investment cycle for miners hasn't completely been shaken out, but I don't think the most efficient cycle will be to run cards at 100%+, pay to cool them, and then dump them for as much as you can on a market that will not pay much for a card in this condition. I think the best cycle will be what I've seen from miners selling cards here--run them at max 60-70% of their designed stock performance to reduce cooling cost and card wear, and then sell them within a reasonable time frame when the a good portion of the initial card investment can be re-couped. Because there's two ways to make money for miners--increase your gross product (coins) or decrease your expenses (cards, et al, and cooling)--either method can net a profit, and the sweet spot will be somewhere in between.

I think as the coin side of this stabilizes and the massive gains (and drops) level out, there will be a very predictable formula for making money mining, and my hunch is that the ROI won't be what the initial phase of miners are used to so many of them will dump gear and just completely get out or adjust their cycle to recoup more of their initial investment in the cards. And even if just 30% of the cards come back to market, that's a huge number of cards that will send prices down. And along the way, people will figure out ways to detect scams (like the fake ebay cards) as well as miner damaged cards. I believe more will be in much better condition than "thrashed, abused and dried out husks". And even if some of them are, I'm sure the prices will be adjusted appropriately, and then again people might be able to afford things they couldn't before just because it's a 'mining card'.

Why would I buy an RX Vega64 for $599 over a GTX 1080 for $549?

FreeSync is a lot cheaper, kinda worth it to have something different, and the whole, "fuck Nvidia and their GPP bullshit".

Lets face it, for most of us, our rigs are basically our toys. Buying things based on sentimental reasons like brand preference, uniqueness, shitty business practices and so on are valid reasons when you're buying toys. Now if you're a professional and counting every dollar and frame then it doesn't. Not saying $800 vs $500 makes sense but for an extra $40, I don't think there's anything wrong with buying based on subjective reasons.

Reactions: c3k
like this
You save cause you don't have to pay the $300+ markup on gsync monitor!

Pretty much, that's what I did. Had a GTX 980. Was going to upgrade to a 1070ti, then I saw Gsync Monitor prices. Bought a Freesync monitor & "downgraded" to a RX 580 8GB which I got off of a local yard seller site in new condition for 200 bucks. Was a good choice, freesync is awesome.

All in all, the sidegrade cost me less than the price of a 1070ti, but, I have freesync & a decent 32 inch monitor.

Well looks like that was short lived. All 3 of the ones at Newegg (Gigabyte, PowerColor and Asus) all jumped $100 each! Paying $720 for a Vega 64 when you can get a 1080 Ti for $750 would just be stupid.

Back