Nah... the USB is on the card to connect your dedicated USB drive for drivers to keep Win10 from updating your dedicated drivers.

:D

1274386313_xzibit.jpg

Why is a ' blower' design such a big deal... If the fan spins slower, then its silent.. its about heat, not so much blower or not... Delta fans said hi.

I actually prefer blower fans -- just makes more sense than spewing heat in all directions :shrug:

Like he said it possibly a work station card, after he drew the heatsink profile im more convinced that this will be a work station card of some sort.

Yeah, it's definitely GDDR6. GDDr5 uses 170 pins per-package.

This is definitely small Navi at $250 on 256-bit bus, which is expected to be Vega 56. You can't tell if this is a workstation board when this is a sample card, not a shipping device. I also wouldm't worry about the large number of PSUs, as it's a validation board.

That said, since this is validation and not shipping PCB, Navi is at least 6 months away from shipping. It will not be available for the Zen 2 event, but will probably be announced (ship 3 months later).

Last edited:
I actually prefer blower fans -- just makes more sense than spewing heat in all directions :shrug:
blower fans made sense 15 years ago when case cooling was damn near non existent but these days case fans and placements have gotten so much better even in itx cases that they're outgrown their usefulness.

Sure, if you enjoy having leaf blowers inside your case. Unless you're using a SFF system, any remotely decent case can handle "spewing heat in all directions".

Yes, the loud noise wasn't nice. I hated it. My EVGA GTX 1070 had an excellent cooler, the best I've ever had. Even the RTX 2070 SC Ultra which is three slots seems to be a bit louder. Even on the hottest days that stayed almost quiet in my case when playing a game. I suppose in the coming months I'll see how the RTX 2070 compares.

But I don't miss noisy, loud coolers that run hot. I won't go back to a blower ever again.

If you need any more nails in the coffin of AdoredTV's fake "leaks", here they are.

If the supposed "Radeon RX 3080" has a TDP of 150W, why would it have two 8 pins connectors and have VRMs on par with the reference Vega?

It wouldn't.

Like he said it possibly a work station card, after he drew the heatsink profile im more convinced that this will be a work station card of some sort.

...not so sure about that.

This looks like the blower design from Radeon RX Vega 56/64 would fit right in (obviously adjusting for the some changes in component locations).

If you need any more nails in the coffin of AdoredTV's fake "leaks", here they are.

If the supposed "Radeon RX 3080" has a TDP of 150W, why would it have two 8 pins connectors and have VRMs on par with the reference Vega?

It wouldn't.

Because this is a validation board, not a shipping board.

You wouldn't remove potentially necessary VRMs and PCIe power connectors on a test board, not if you haven't finalized the silicon rev, and it's a bit leaky still. You would look awfully stupid if you couldn't power your test chip on the test PCB because you cheaped-out on power.

Also, remember the RX 480 was a 160w card that pretended to be a 150w card, so the number of connectors is zero indication of true power draw.

It's not a production board, so Navi is at least 6 months away.

Last edited:

It wouldn't.

ES/test board will probably have the big VRMs so they can see what the OC will get to... That said I would expect this leak to be early production/sample. Maybe for cooler layouts etc at the OEMs.

Back