AMD Gibabyte Rx570 4Gb - real power consumption

imre

Limp Gawd
HI, does anybody have this card and what is the real power consumption.
I am trying to decide between the RX 480 Red Dragon 4Gb and this Gigabyte RX570 4GB
Game-Debate shows 120 Watts, for both , but i dont know how accurate these sites are sometimes.

I am trying to look for a partner card for my existing 2x RX470 cards.

Help appreciated, and i will mine for you for 6 hours, please send me your wallet addy.

I can measure XFX RX480 RS 8GB and MSI Armor RX570 4GB tonight.
Both are running default firmware, but overclocked memory and under-
clocked cores in Wattman. I will be measuring difference at the wall vs
idle, not necessarily vs completely removed.

My Rig pulls 720W from the wall, and these numbers are difference with one of each type card disabled in Claymore 10.0

RX480 @ 950MHz 0.95V = 120W
RX570 @ 950MHz 0.95V = 100W (But this one is watercooled and not powering its own pump or any fans)
RX580 @ 950MHz 0.95V = 180W (And gets 1Megahash more than RX480 for +60W??? So maybe not obeying Wattman)
All Radeon Memories were set 2075MHz 0.95V, except RX570 only stable to 2000MHz.
1050ti @ +650mem, 70% Power in XOC = 60W

There are a lot of performance differences not explained by clocks, maybe memory latencies in ATI BIOS.
There are serious Watt differences not explained by clocks or Volts, maybe some is fan power consumption.

Last edited:
I also read in another thread that you are (or were) looking into MSI RX570 Armor.
Would avoid that single pipe MSI heatsink if at all possible. I own two, and both
overheat. One converted to water, is now fine. Other awaits the same upgrade.

The pipe is direct die contact, but not full RX570 width, there are large gaps on
either side of the pipe that goo will not acceptably correct. Pipe on MSI Armor
awaiting upgrade won't even get warm, perhaps no contact, or improperly filled.
Just avoid...

Reactions: imre
like this
I also read in another thread that you are (or were) looking into MSI RX570 Armor.
Would avoid that single pipe MSI heatsink if at all possible. I own two, and both
overheat. One converted to water, is now fine. Other awaits the same upgrade.

The pipe is direct die contact, but not full RX570 width, there are large gaps on
either side of the pipe that goo will not acceptably correct. Pipe on MSI Armor
awaiting upgrade won't even get warm, perhaps no contact, or improperly filled.
Just avoid...

oh no, i decided to stay away from MSi t all costs, they really seems like rubbish cards , all of them.
I have decided its either POWERCOLOR or SAPHIRE or GIGABYTE since they are the only ones i can get,
Im so sad that if had known and could see the future , I would have bought all the dam PowerCololor 470s i saw about 2 months ago, i am so sad nw i want to cry,
Then again i didnt have the money anyways, but u now i am just sick and i am sad not because i really want to get at least 4-6 cards, whatever i can upport on my board.
I am sitting with 2 cards and it is very painful to mine,
I also need help with setup... i guess im okay but i would actualy like to try overclock or bios mod y cards but i need some guidance with this, i dont want to follow a guide... i would rather a person help me with thus process over teamview or skype or whatever

I've had great luck with gigabyte. Saphire tends to be great but powercolor is often rubbish.

I run mostly MSI. The armor series is bad for cooling. But you wont find a cooler card then the MSI gaming X. I like mine, they were cheaper than the sapphire and mine just as fast.

Back