AMD getting close to releasing 5000 series with Vega IGP

They never did release the 4000 series to the retail market, did they?

The nice thing about Intel CPUs is that you can actually buy them.

no, just OEM officially but they've been available unofficially via resellers for awhile, albeit at kind of high prices.
AND no amd warranty...
and id wait and see if that "for home built, later this year" claim *comes true*. pretty sure they said that about the 4000s, i could be wrong though....
*edit*
edit 2: and im wrong lol.

Last edited:
AND no amd warranty...
and id wait and see if that "for home built, later this year" claim. pretty sure they said that about the 4000s, i could be wrong though....

I don't think AMD ever said that the Ryzen 4000 series APUs would ever be available in the consumer retail channel, and only confirmed that they would be OEM only for the NADM.

I can wait another six months, but if they still don't have this in retail, I'm biting the bullet, and going i5 11400.

My htpc's 3570k @ stock is in need of an upgrade for Horizon : Zero Dawn.

Last edited:
I think these are OEM only also...

From the article:

Screenshot_20210413-212332.png

The reason you haven't seen them in retail and probably won't see many, if any of the new ones in retail is volume. AMD simply can't make enough of them for OEMs to begin with. OEMs needing every one they get and more means retail is going to be empty of them.

They never did release the 4000 series to the retail market, did they?

The nice thing about Intel CPUs is that you can actually buy them.
Hey, it was easy enough to buy my two 4650Gs on AliExpress; I just had to call my credit card issuer for them to let the charge through. If you're going to buy gray market, I'd recommend doing it earlier than later, if you catch it early, you might be able to buy from Europe before AMD makes them turn it off, and shipping will probably be less scary.

I can wait another six months, but if they still don't have this in retail, I'm biting the bullet, and going i5 11400.

My htpc's 3570k @ stock is in need of an upgrade for Horizon : Zero Dawn.
The XE GPU in Rocket Lake is much smaller than the mobile parts. Because they didn't have room on the 14nm die to fit the same size GPU. You won't be playing Horizon on it :(

AMD always have the worst timing for me when they make their igpus available. Every time I've done new builds in the last 15 years, their igpus weren't available at near MSRP.

The XE GPU in Rocket Lake is much smaller than the mobile parts. Because they didn't have room on the 14nm die to fit the same size GPU. You won't be playing Horizon on it :(

I was definitely expecting more out of Xe graphics and was looking at buying one just for the IGP. I guess I can wait to see what AMD comes up with since I have lots of AM4 motherboards.

I was definitely expecting more out of Xe graphics and was looking at buying one just for the IGP. I guess I can wait to see what AMD comes up with since I have lots of AM4 motherboards.
Laptops got the good Xe config, the 80 and 96 EU ones can actually AAA game when drivers don't get in the way. Which makes the 32EU on desktop is a real disappointment. Maybe things would have been different if RL was on 10nm and Intel didn't have to squeeze die space as hard.

Laptops got the good Xe config, the 80 and 96 EU ones can actually AAA game when drivers don't get in the way. Which makes the 32EU on desktop is a real disappointment. Maybe things would have been different if RL was on 10nm and Intel didn't have to squeeze die space as hard.

It's still as powerful as Vega 6...that's 50% faster than old HD 630!

Compared to how AMD is suddenly castrating everything except the $350 5700G IGP ($250 for Vega 7, and $150 for Vega 6), suddenly Intel's price to performance for low-end Rocket Lake is astounding!

It's still as powerful as Vega 6...that's 50% faster than old HD 630!

Compared to how AMD is suddenly castrating everything except the $350 5700G IGP ($250 for Vega 7, and $150 for Vega 6), suddenly Intel's price to performance for low-end Rocket Lake is astounding!
Dang, didn't know that UHD 750 was that good. At least Cezanne has clock speeds going for it- those Vegas are gonna be boosted to the moon.

it isnt according to the vids ive seen, it only about half the performance of a 3200g apu.
Perhaps what I saw was incorrect? We aren't getting a clear picture because none of these in -depth websites are taking it seriously!

Even Notebookcheck only ran like four games

Last edited:
Perhaps what I saw was incorrect? We aren't getting a clear picture because none of these in -depth websites are taking it seriously!

Even Notebookcheck only ran like four games
well the mobile chip does look like it performs much closer to the 3000+up apus.

Well my sandybridge system is kind of long in the tooth and i'd like to upgrade it in the next 12 to 24 months. My view is amd can either release the zen 3 with igp to retail or i'll just get another intel.

Interesting option during this GPU shortage, but Maxwell-era GPUs are going for fairly cheap, so that's its competition. Anyone want to place bets on what happens when this thing gets in the ring with a GTX 960 or 970?

Interesting option during this GPU shortage, but Maxwell-era GPUs are going for fairly cheap, so that's its competition. Anyone want to place bets on what happens when this thing gets in the ring with a GTX 960 or 970?

Performance parity in Minesweeper? Solitaire? QBasic?

I believe this means "not for retail"; maybe I'm wrong... which happens often lol

View attachment 350123
The GE versions of the CPUs have never been available at retail unfortunately, only the G versions (higher TDP). I had to settle for a 2400G in my fanless build a few years ago and use OC menus to lower the TDP to 45 watts. At stock it is close to overloading my passive cooling if allowed to run at 100% load for 1-2 hours. A 35w part would be perfect for that build, but I am pretty much stuck with the 65w parts unless I try to get a GE through the grey market.

The 2400G ran crysis at around 28-30fps range at 1080p on medium when running dual channel2666 DDR4 memory IIRC so it is nowhere near a GTX 960. Faster memory will improve the situation slightly, but it will still struggle vs discrete GPUs. The newer ones are still vega based, with higher clocks and less cores, so my guess is you could maybe get 30-40% or so more performance from the 5000 series IGPU, but not enough to get anywhere near a GTX 960.

Back