AMD FX Class Action Lawsuit Checks

Benzino

[H]ard|Gawd
Anyone else get a check from the AMD class action lawsuit for the FX series CPUs? Coworker and I got ours in the mail. A whopping $34 for buying a 8320 (still have it on shelf) back in 2012, 2013 maybe.

Lol you got 34, the person who created the case got 34, the attorneys got millions. No one wins a class action except the attorneys.

This is true, but I look at class actions from a different perspective. It's not about who wins, but about who loses. Class action isn't really intended to benefit the individuals in it, but to punish the entity being sued. Indeed, the lawyers made the vast bulk of the $$$, but make no mistake, it definitely hurt AMD

Im a big AMD but the people who bought those cpus..lets just say i dont know what they were thinking :eek: I wouldt touch a AMD cpu for quite a few years

This is true, but I look at class actions from a different perspective. It's not about who wins, but about who loses. Class action isn't really intended to benefit the individuals in it, but to punish the entity being sued. Indeed, the lawyers made the vast bulk of the $$$, but make no mistake, it definitely hurt AMD

Pretty sure this hurt AMD as much as being low on coffee and having to wait a day to get more.

Pretty sure this hurt AMD as much as being low on coffee and having to wait a day to get more.

I don't know if you realize, AMD wasn't exactly overflowing with funds back then. Quite the opposite.

I don't know if you realize, AMD wasn't exactly overflowing with funds back then. Quite the opposite.

Yes, but they weren't paying out back then. They are paying out now when they are in somewhat better financial shape.

Back