AMD FX-9590 Vishera. need a little help

EagleOne

Gawd
please tell me I can use the FX 9590 Vishera on my Crosshair IV Extreme motherboard....

I was using the FX 8350 Vishera on my crosshair IV Extreme motherboard a year ago.
it was screaming fast.

I know it wont be like using a 990chipset board. which by the way im very disappointed with....crosshair V-Z board....
newegg is giving me full credit and im getting the FX9590....$349.

yes that's him supercoolin...I know him he helped set up my 8350 on my crosshair4 extreme.
thanks guys

Last edited:
I would think that if your 8350 would run on it the 9590 would as well. I'm running a 9370 on my Sabertooth R2 and it didn't need any special bios or anything like that. The only difference is the naming and P-states other than that it's the same chip. Just a warning these highend chips default to 1.5v.
I see no official bios support for piledriver at all but like you said you have made it work before. I also know a few guys who prefer the bulldozer bios over the piledriver any way.
Good Luck

yes 1.5+ volts no problem im vapor phasechange cooled...I just flashed 2002bios on my CH IV Extreme board if I remember that worked with 8350.....if you guys can find out CH IV Extreme board settings for 8350 cpu just the basics voltage , bios, just to get Booted can you give me a call back here?
please and thank all of you helping me here, cant get a hold of supercoolin right now

^^

Did anyone find a solution? Or figure out if this will work?

I own an old Asus Crosshair IV Extreme. I added the AMD FX-9370 Vishera CPU in hopes it'll work but... I get a red LED (thanks Asus for making that easy) indicating something is wrong with the CPU.

I haven't flashed the BIOS or anything else special.

The only thing that I think may be preventing it to boot is the fact that maybe my previous AMD Phenom CPU was overclocked.

I've reset CMOS, but should I do something more?

Should I flash the BIOS to something specific?

Any help/love for me would be awesome!

Thanks,
Erik

^^

Did anyone find a solution? Or figure out if this will work?

I own an old Asus Crosshair IV Extreme. I added the AMD FX-9370 Vishera CPU in hopes it'll work but... I get a red LED (thanks Asus for making that easy) indicating something is wrong with the CPU.

I haven't flashed the BIOS or anything else special.

The only thing that I think may be preventing it to boot is the fact that maybe my previous AMD Phenom CPU was overclocked.

I've reset CMOS, but should I do something more?

Should I flash the BIOS to something specific?

Any help/love for me would be awesome!

Thanks,
Erik

Hey Erik, I went thru the same problem, forgot to use the 3029 bios....
I know about the LED's with my CH4-Extreme, I had 8350 and 9590 in my CH4-Extreme....I hope you can get all 8 cores going instead of 6......
post back what's going on.....do you have Good Ram?

I would think that "Optimum Defaults" would be the way to go after flashing the bios. It should come up in default anyway.
Hope it works, let us know.

Still no luck...

I put in the old CPU so I could at least POST. After doing so, I downloaded the 3029 ROM.

When I went to update my BIOS using the EZ Flash Utility I got an error: "ROM file is incompatible with existing BIOS!" :mad:

Now what?

My BIOS is currently at 3027, but 29 is the latest... No luck booting up.

Still no luck...

I put in the old CPU so I could at least POST. After doing so, I downloaded the 3029 ROM.

When I went to update my BIOS using the EZ Flash Utility I got an error: "ROM file is incompatible with existing BIOS!" :mad:

Now what?

My BIOS is currently at 3027, but 29 is the latest... No luck booting up.

just my opinion, put back the older cpu, boot up, flash the 3029 to a flash drive,
flash the 3029 to the "back of the board usb bios port" on the CH4-Extreme.
I would re-do the 3029 again from asus site just to make sure.

Back