AMD Fury X In Stock thread

I think "few weeks" is the last thing anyone on this board wants to hear..ROFL.

Tough luck. I guess we have the same keyboard monkey fight continuing for few more weeks then.

And after that we have Fury Pro, Nano and Windows 10 hubhub to deal with... :eek:

good looking!! Might as well while I am still waiting for my VisionTek backorder from TD. (The price ooops ones)

Wow that was fast.....

Status: Packaging - Your payment has been successfully processed and has passed Order Verification. Products are being collected in the warehouse and boxed for shipment or pick up. Please note that you may no longer make changes to your order.

Don't be surprised if you get one with a pump whine, they're still doing the rounds. I've had gigabyte and sapphire and both had it, both sent back =/

No need to shoot the messenger here :rolleyes:

Maybe we should change the thread to "In stock, but only where we see fit"

And yes, I agree, in stock at TD is a dice roll.

Just noticed a TD hold to my CC. Sure enough, if I log on I can see that my VisionTek Fury X is now "in process" in their warehouse. They did change the final price from my $537 to $557 after P+H, but I am okay with that.

But what oh what if, they are just slowly going through, "pinging" the CC to make sure it's still valid (on file), and while doing that, slowly marking the card back up. When I look at my TD account, I can see that they store 1 x copy of the last sent email to you on file. However, when I look at the copy of the emailed invoice (that showed the $537 I bought it for on backorder), it is now overwritten with a new one, that of course I did not get in my email. So If I was to call and complain, I am sure the "Service Rep" on the other end of the phone would say, "I can see that the emailed invoice says $557" haha, sneaky sneaky TD.

Only thing I can think, is maybe $549 is their cost, and that is the flat cost all will get on the pricing mistake?

check it out:

TigerDirect578.png

Last edited:
Just noticed a TD hold to my CC. Sure enough, if I log on I can see that my VisionTek Fury X is now "in process" in their warehouse. They did change the final price from my $537 to $557 after P+H, but I am okay with that.

But what oh what if, they are just slowly going through, "pinging" the CC to make sure it's still valid (on file), and while doing that, slowly marking the card back up. When I look at my TD account, I can see that they store 1 x copy of the last sent email to you on file. However, when I look at the copy of the emailed invoice (that showed the $537 I bought it for on backorder), it is now overwritten with a new one, that of course I did not get in my email. So If I was to call and complain, I am sure the "Service Rep" on the other end of the phone would say, "I can see that the emailed invoice says $557" haha, sneaky sneaky TD.

Only thing I can think, is maybe $549 is their cost, and that is the flat cost all will get on the pricing mistake?

Ugh, I better check my CC when I get home to make sure my order was actually cancelled. I hate dealing with Tiger Direct and their shady crap.

Ugh, I better check my CC when I get home to make sure my order was actually cancelled. I hate dealing with Tiger Direct and their shady crap.

Well in fairness, I was able to retain one of my two orders originally. The "deal" was they were going to cancel one due to pricing error, but let me keep the second. So I have just been sitting here waiting.

But what I am half expecting to see, is I BET my order goes back from "In Process" to "Back Ordered" again, and the only thing that would have changed is they snuck in another $20 and covered their tracks.

F*uckin Tiger Direct, man.... I have never really shopped with them, so this is my first experience. But why do I have a feeling I am just following the norm for them?

In case you missed my "guess" please read a few posts up, I was right. They only took my order out of back order to up-charge an ALREADY PLACED order, and then sneak it back on back order, like I am a fuckin idiot? I guess I am for still having the order open with them, seems ordering from Tiger Direct is like asking for a an un-lubed reaming, and when you get one, smile and take it. I know it's still a good price for a Fury-X (if it ever happens), but the way they do business is unlike anything I have ever seen.

TigerDirectBAD.png

Last edited:
like someone above said...

maybe they have them in stock, maybe not...

lol

I feel bad for ya,but this is more the norm than not on newly released products..

like someone above said...

maybe they have them in stock, maybe not...

lol

I feel bad for ya,but this is more the norm than not on newly released products..

No, adjusting prices after purchase and to this extent had nothing to do with a new product to market. They even doctored the "invoice email" they supposedly sent me last month. (after raising the price, but forgot to take off the modified date before they put me back on back order)

Anyways, I am done rambling now..... I feel better.... and will not shop at TD in the future.

Last edited:
No need to shoot the messenger here :rolleyes:

Maybe we should change the thread to "In stock, but only where we see fit"

And yes, I agree, in stock at TD is a dice roll.
I wasn't shooting the messenger, more just warning others. TD is pretty notorious for showing backordered stock as available, then charging your CC while it sits in backorder forever. Which is exactly what happened here in this thread, lol. Good looking out, I would just pass on ordering from TigerDirect if you value your time.

No, adjusting prices after purchase and to this extent had nothing to do with a new product to market. They even doctored the "invoice email" they supposedly sent me last month. (after raising the price, but forgot to take off the modified date before they put me back on back order)

Anyways, I am done rambling now..... I feel better.... and will not shop at TD in the future.

Ive had newegg and amazon do that to me more than once.

Which is why i believe its the norm.

I wasn't shooting the messenger, more just warning others. TD is pretty notorious for showing backordered stock as available, then charging your CC while it sits in backorder forever. Which is exactly what happened here in this thread, lol. Good looking out, I would just pass on ordering from TigerDirect if you value your time.

This happened to me recently with TD as matter of fact. Weeks went by with order sitting in limbo. Website showed item "In Stock" but customer service said backordered. And every time I called back in for a status update I got a different story. Finally gave up and cancelled.

Avoiding them in future.

Last edited:
Yeah, got that email also... More price gouging on top of the horrible CAD exchange rate... :(

Yeah, $1 CAD is currently sitting around 0.77 US which makes the Fury X $844 CAD plus import taxes.

It made me abort any big purchases for the foreseeable future, which also possibly included an Asus MG279Q. :(

did anyone else order the tigerdirect 549 visontek fury x?

I received one email stating it was a price mistake and my order will be cancelled, but order was still showing "backordered", so emailed them twice and they confirmed twice that the order is cancelled. But lo and behold it shipped but at the 679 price. I emailed them again stating I don't want it and they still come back with the order has cancelled but still have a pending charge on my cc.

I never dealt with a retailer taking a order, saying it a price mistake, say it cancelled and ship at a higher price without my consent.

I guess I have to go through my CC to get my money back. Has this happen to anybody else?

I grabbed one at Newegg today. It was out of stock for a while.

Doing a 4690k/Fury X/250d build.

Last edited:
Back