AMD Fury X $529.99

lol.. the right price point. Just placed an order for the fun of it.

Bit. If anyone has a Bank of America credit card, don't forget to check your cash-back deals for TD. Saved another $15, so my total is $525 with 2 day shipping. The ship date is bad, but if it doesn't ship before the regular Fury is out, I can always cancel.

Since its factory watercooled (and a nice looking one at that IMO), I don't see how much a third party cooler would really help.

Here's a good review for those on the fence: http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/amd_radeon_r9_fury_x_review,38.html

True for the Fury X, but I suspect the person you quoted really meant the Fury non-X (which I will henceforth refer to as a Fury Air), which will be customized by AMD's board partners. As for how much it would help...Yeah, I'd definitely go with the Fury X over a Fury Air

The "sale" is over.
Hope that wasn't a pricing error. It's sad we need pricing errors to reflect the ACTUAL VALUE of this card.

Looks like this deal is dead. Just added to cart and went through the checkout, and no $100 discount was applied.

Yep...showed that it was discounted from $650 on the product page, but has a $680 in-cart price. Gouging like mad!

[edit]
price now shows $680 on product page.

Gouging for what? I could understand if it totally blew the socks off the competition at the same price point.

I for one was hoping it would be significantly better than a 980ti, good competition drives innovation and pushes new products out. This has been said a million times before I know but it's true.

Yep...showed that it was discounted from $650 on the product page, but has a $680 in-cart price. Gouging like mad!

[edit]
price now shows $680 on product page.
Isn't that what the 980Ti roughly costs, which is also roughly the same performance, but with a larger footprint and no factory water cooler?

About the same performance, but able to fit snug inside a little mITX chassis and still run really low temp not exhausting heat into a small chassis, sounds like a winner at the same price. *shrugs*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfCb6oiJ6EI

fuuuuck. deal of a life time. hopefully this drops the price of the 980 ti

The Fury-X $500 would have been a Radeon 4870-level success, at $650 it's a Radeon 2900XT-level failure. Screw AMD.

I can't believe I'm saying this since I swore off multi-GPU, but I just picked up a 2-month old 295x2 from a buddy for $450 who got stung by the "upgrade" monkey to move to Fury X. I just can't justify passing up the offer and spending $200+ more on Fury X for less performance in most situations and the same amount of vram. Unfortunately, I'm penned in with AMD for the time being since my monitor is Freesync.

Isn't that what the 980Ti roughly costs, which is also roughly the same performance, but with a larger footprint and no factory water cooler?

About the same performance, but able to fit snug inside a little mITX chassis and still run really low temp not exhausting heat into a small chassis, sounds like a winner at the same price. *shrugs*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfCb6oiJ6EI

People are inevitably going to compare it to the 980 Ti without the additional cost of an AIO cooler factored in because both are priced the same for a product that takes no special configuration on the part of the end user. In either case, you buy a video card, plug it in, install your drivers and have fun. Out-of-the-box, the 980 Ti is a better performer at the same price, so that is all a lot of people will pay attention to.

AMD hyped the performance, especially at 4K resolutions, but it has failed to live up to the hype. It isn't a bad card, just a bad price. If this were $50 or $100 cheaper, I doubt you would be hearing as many complaints.

TD just changed the price to 679 on my order invoice although confirming 539 at the time of order.

They just conned us. But anyways I was never going to keep the FuryX since the TitanX is what I have right now. It would have been a decent experiment and then would have gone off to eBay.

TD just changed the price to 679 on my order invoice although confirming 539 at the time of order.

They just conned us. But anyways I was never going to keep the FuryX since the TitanX is what I have right now. It would have been a decent experiment and then would have gone off to eBay.

As in at the time of placing the order it wasn't fixed and they retroactively changed the price after you placed the order? Because that's illegal as hell. If a store fucks up and mis-prices something they're typically suppose to honor that.

Like gas stations, the price at the pump should always be lowest, if the price on the sign is lower than the pump they can be fined.

As in at the time of placing the order it wasn't fixed and they retroactively changed the price after you placed the order? Because that's illegal as hell. If a store fucks up and mis-prices something they're typically suppose to honor that.

Like gas stations, the price at the pump should always be lowest, if the price on the sign is lower than the pump they can be fined.

Yes that's exactly what they did. Even the email for order confirmation listed it as 539$.

That is shady. Even if their system screwed up, they should just cancel the order and send email.

TigerDirect outright denied they ever sent me an email with a 539.27 charge. They even denied the existence of that email although I clearly have it in my inbox. I also forwarded the confirmation to a CS rep but she mentioned that TD IT has a different invoice. What a load of bollocks.

I want more people to gang up on these guys and tell them that this is totally unacceptable.

BTW: I also have a pending charge on my CC.

Gouging for what? I could understand if it totally blew the socks off the competition at the same price point.

I for one was hoping it would be significantly better than a 980ti, good competition drives innovation and pushes new products out. This has been said a million times before I know but it's true.

My GF is a web developer. You would be shocked at all the metrics that go on behind the scene. Online stores do not care about benchmarks but they do care about web traffic, supply and demand. And they almost certainly have the people doing the pricing to be very knowledgeable about the products market.

Gouging 101

You should be able to at least contest it with your CC and not pay.

TD is well within their rights to cancel an order, but come on, do they really have to try to get one over on you guys? How much money can they make?

TD is well within their rights to cancel an order, but come on, do they really have to try to get one over on you guys? How much money can they make?

They didn't cancel though, they're just denying that the agreed upon price was lower than MSRP. And retroactively fixing the price after the fact.

They didn't cancel though, they're just denying that the agreed upon price was lower than MSRP. And retroactively fixing the price after the fact.

Well that's what I'm saying. Just cancel the order. How much money can they make off of trying to overcharge people who specifically go for deals like this? It's silly.

Well that's what I'm saying. Just cancel the order. How much money can they make off of trying to overcharge people who specifically go for deals like this? It's silly.
Watch them try to charge you a restocking fee.

Back