AMD Fury series coming soon.

Nearly nothing. Titan X with a heavy OC on its GDDR5 and practically no FPS gain.

Nope. HBM for this generation was a solution for a nonexistent problem. HBM won't be relevant until GPU is no longer the bottleneck. First chance of seeing that is Pascal.
Some games it helps. At 1440 it made a lot of difference on my 980 Ti in Crysis 3. I kept slowly raising it 200 mhz at a time and then would look back at the framerate and it went up every time. I was bouncing between 60-61 at 7000 and by the time I got to 8000 it was 66-67.

when those dipshits drop the price to $499 where it should have started people can feel like they didn't get rapped buying this over hyped gtx 980 non ti equivalent. and even then i be tempted to wait for cards with more than 4gb of ram:D

Yup I think it's a fail. HBM, 4GB RAM, barely overclockable, between GTX 980 and 980 Ti performance... FAIL!

Not sure if posted: http://www.techpowerup.com/213799/gigabyte-announces-its-radeon-r9-fury-x-graphics-card.html

by btarunr Wednesday, June 24th 2015 23:32 Discuss (1 Comment)
GIGABYTE announced availability of its AMD Radeon R9 Fury X graphics card. Based entirely on AMD's reference design, the card features reference clocks of 1050 MHz core, and 500 MHz (512 GB/s) HBM clocks. Since the card lacks DVI connectors, GIGABYTE is including a DP-DVI adapter in its package. Based on the 28 nm "Fiji" silicon, the R9 Fury X offers 4,096 stream processors, 256 TMUs, 64 ROPs, and a 4096-bit wide HBM interface, holding 4 GB of memory. The compact card is cooled by a factory-fitted closed-loop liquid cooling solution. The card is generally available at US $649.99.

Back