AMD free game...Outer Worlds or Borderlands 3?

Outer Worlds or Borderlands 3

• Outer Worlds

Votes: 20 60.6%
  • Borderlands 3

Votes: 13 39.4%

• Total voters

HardUp4HardWare

Supreme [H]ardness
So I got a Ryzen and with it the choice of a free game. (Thanks AMD!)

What would you pick? Outer Worlds or Borderlands 3?

Chances are you've already played a borderlands title, and there's not too much differentiation past the second one. I'd grab outer worlds. It looks amazing, and is really more of a fallout game... in space..

I've got both and as has already been said - Borderlands is more of the same. Outer Worlds is basically a Fallout 3/4/NV sequel in spirit.

Borderlands is more shooter while Outer Worlds is more RPG.

What genre are you more inclined to play? Pick that one.

I'd pick Outer Worlds. New IP, not the same old stuff from Borderlands, (you know it will be). That being said though, I wouldn't play either, atleast until they're not exclusive to the EGS store.

I'd pick Outer Worlds. New IP, not the same old stuff from Borderlands, (you know it will be). That being said though, I wouldn't play either, atleast until they're not exclusive to the EGS store.

Outer worlds can be had on the MS store + if it is free I'll take whatever store.

i'd pick up BL3, use your free 3 months of game pass that also came with the cpu to play outer worlds for free. you'll finish outer worlds long before the 3 months is up anyways.

I really like both and I'd take Borderlands 3, BUT you have to like that sort of game. It's a repetitious (but fun) twitch shooter with a large focus on random loot.
Outer Worlds is like a hybrid of Mass Effect, Bioshock, and Fallout. It's more focused on a story and actions beyond just killing everything.
Borderlands is larger and offers more content if it's the type of game you like. Plus, like others have mentioned, you can use the Xbox Game Pass to play the Outer Worlds for next to nothing.

I think it depends on what sort of game you prefer playing.
Looter shooter or FP Action RPG.

Out of the two, I definitely prefer Outer Worlds. But I don’t think you can go wrong either way provided you like that type of game.

Borderlands 3 since you can play Outer Worlds with the game pass for three months.

Outer Worlds.

Unless, you're one of those people that ADORE Borderlands etc.

Like several others have said, it depends on what genre you're into..

Went with Outer Worlds. I know it could have been free via XBOX but I am a slow player so I would rather not worry about it.
That being said it is an excellent game and I don't think there is a wrong choice here.

As others said, BL3 is more of the same. If thats your jam, go for it. Outer Worlds is really good.

Back