AMD Foundation to Sponsor Video Game Design Category

HardOCP News

[H] News
AMD today announced the AMD Foundation, in support of AMD Changing the Game, has awarded a grant to the Alliance for Young Artists & Writers. The $65,000 grant will be used to help fund the Alliance’s new video game design category for the 2010 and 2011 Scholastic Art & Writing Awards. The Alliance for Young Artists & Writers is a nonprofit organization that runs The Scholastic Art & Writing Awards, the most prestigious and longest-running competition in the United States recognizing teenagers’ intellectual creativity, innovation and artistic talent. Through this competition, scholarships and other activities, the Alliance annually reaches more than three million students in seventh through 12th grades, and 400,000 Art and English teachers. Including the new video game design category in the competition increases the reach of the program to math and science teachers and presents video game production as an art form requiring imagination, technical skill, planning and storytelling.

This is some of the best news I've heard in a while. It may not be a huge deal in the grand scheme of things, but it demonstrates that AMD/ATI are thinking in the right direction, and I hope there is more to come. They just jumped up several notches on my list of favorite companies.

Yea nice cool awesome. WTF is AMD mentioning this now?

First off,

• $5 fee per individual submission and $20 per portfolio submission if POSTMARKED by Friday, December 11, 2009.

• $10 fee per individual submission and $30 per portfolio submission if POSTMARKED by Friday, January 8, 2010.

So whatever, can't imagine what the submission would cost now....

Secondly,Too bad the deadline for 2010 was Feb 12. So f-in stupid!. :mad::mad:

This just really upsets me because I would've actually done this, and I'm pretty good at stuff like this. I'm going to college next year, so I won't even be able to do it (have to be in grades 7-12).

its nice to amd doing pr stuff

Yea it's nice they tell people they are sponsoring an event a month after it's over. Leave it to AMD. :mad:

Wow this really upset me...shouldn't have read this thread.

Have you seen their CPU market share, this will only help them by doing this PR stunt

Yea nice cool awesome. WTF is AMD mentioning this now?

First off,

• $5 fee per individual submission and $20 per portfolio submission if POSTMARKED by Friday, December 11, 2009.

• $10 fee per individual submission and $30 per portfolio submission if POSTMARKED by Friday, January 8, 2010.

So whatever, can't imagine what the submission would cost now....

Secondly,Too bad the deadline for 2010 was Feb 12. So f-in stupid!. :mad::mad:

This just really upsets me because I would've actually done this, and I'm pretty good at stuff like this. I'm going to college next year, so I won't even be able to do it (have to be in grades 7-12).

Yea it's nice they tell people they are sponsoring an event a month after it's over. Leave it to AMD. :mad:

Wow this really upset me...shouldn't have read this thread.

So call them up and ask them why. Maybe they overlooked it and didn't change the requirement dates.

Back