Amd flex memory?

zalazin

[H]ard|Gawd
got an Hp Ryzen envy laptop with 8gb dual channel ram and Vega 8 graphics using shared memory. If I remove one of the 4gb modules and put in a 16gb module will I still have 8gb of dual channel ram? THe way I understand it the 4gb module and the first 4gb of the 16 would be dual channel and the remaining 12gb of the 16gb module would be single channel.. Would I still have 128 bit dual channel access to the graphics?

got an Hp Ryzen envy laptop with 8gb dual channel ram and Vega 8 graphics using shared memory. If I remove one of the 4gb modules and put in a 16gb module will I still have 8gb of dual channel ram? THe way I understand it the 4gb module and the first 4gb of the 16 would be dual channel and the remaining 12gb of the 16gb module would be single channel.. Would I still have 128 bit dual channel access to the graphics?
That's how it works on Intel, not sure about amd

well I tried it still 128 bit but the machine locked up went I ran Valley benchmark. According to hp only 16gb is supported although the bios and windows both recognized the 20gb. Had to go back to 8gb total can't afford 200 USD for 16gb right now.....

Back