AMD Files Trademark for New Vega Logo

AlphaAtlas

[H]ard|Gawd
Staff member
Twitter user BoMbY spotted what appears to be a new logo for AMD's Vega architecture. The image trademark was filed on November 29th, and features two stripes that seemingly indicate a second iteration of Vega. AMD already revealed the 7nm Vega-based MI50 and MI60 at the Next Horizon event, but those cards didn't feature any visible AMD Vega branding.

It's possible that the new logo could foretell the launch of 7nm Vega outside the server space. But I would bet on a Radeon Pro or Vega FE-like prosumer launch over a gaming card with RX branding, assuming anything new is coming at all. Thanks to Videocardz for spotting the tweet.

Okay...
Vega: it starts with a "V".
The second iteration of Vega would be number 2: "II".
7nm architecture: Roman numeral for "7" is "VII".

It looks (to me) that something incorporating a "V" and an "II" or "VII" makes a lot of sense.

Nice find. Wonder if it'll bear out?

Okay...
Vega: it starts with a "V".
The second iteration of Vega would be number 2: "II".
7nm architecture: Roman numeral for "7" is "VII".

It looks (to me) that something incorporating a "V" and an "II" or "VII" makes a lot of sense.

Nice find. Wonder if it'll bear out?

give this man a cookie... but yeah that sounds way more interesting than V II for vega II. hopefully you're right or AMD see's your post and uses it if that wasn't their plan.

I thought the same as c3k about the design.
But its a really crap logo.

You know, we had a Chevy Vega back in the day, and that car sucked. Wish they picked a better name. :)

Reactions: WhoMe
like this
I hope it is a little less volatile than a V2.

I may have been playing too much BFV.

Back