AMD Fidelity FX Super Resolution

kilroy67

[H]ard|Gawd
So I was reading this article on DirectML Super Resolution, so what do you think, will this match DLSS 2.0 and be a hit ? Seeing how it has the backing of Microsoft and will be cross platform, Xbox and PS5 plus the next gen afterwards I believe, I think this could be a game changer.

crazycrave

Gawd
I was thinking World of Warships just add something to do Fidelity FX in the game settings ?

Furious Nerd

2[H]4U
Kinda suspicious they're so hush hush about it instead of showing to the public some examples of what their current DLSS equivalent can do, what state it's in.. something.
I'm afraid we're going to be let down by it, if it even releases this generation, at least for a while after initial release.
Probably going to be buggy/detrimental at times, and at the best of times the equivalent level of boost as RDNA2 RT perf vs Ampere RT perf, meaning below the competition.

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
Nice control panel, works on all AMD RDNA 2 cards. https://www.sapphiretech.com/en/software

1614417083024.png

madpistol

Limp Gawd
I keep telling people that it "probably" won't match DLSS, since DLSS is fully hardware accelerated on the Tensor Cores of Turing and Ampere GPUs. AMD would have to do some voodoo magic to make this feature work just as well without causing a performance hit.

And it's almost guaranteed that if AMD figures it out, Nvidia will figure it out too (and probably roll the design into DLSS, making it even better.)

GoldenTiger

Fully [H]
I keep telling people that it "probably" won't match DLSS, since DLSS is fully hardware accelerated on the Tensor Cores of Turing and Ampere GPUs. AMD would have to do some voodoo magic to make this feature work just as well without causing a performance hit.

And it's almost guaranteed that if AMD figures it out, Nvidia will figure it out too (and probably roll the design into DLSS, making it even better.)
Yep. Dlss is now an Unreal engine plug in to boot so easy to implement. Hopefully they do a unity one too!

noko

Supreme [H]ardness
Radeon Image Sharpening should be built into the driver as a universal option. And I think you can upscale from a lower internal resolution, too. So that Sapphire tool is just a streamlined way to do that stuff. But you should be able to do it from the driver control panel.
Image Sharpening can be universal or per profile or game. Gaming -> Global Graphics -> Image Sharpening

Yes you can upscale from a lower resolution: Gaming -> Global Graphics -> Display -> Virtual Super Resolution + GPU Scaling. While Virtual Super Resolution description only mentions downscaling from a higher resolution it also works from a lower resolution as well. Make sure if you have a multiple monitor setup that the gaming monitor is selected for settings or all the monitors are configured

crazycrave

Gawd
Image Sharpening can be universal or per profile or game. Gaming -> Global Graphics -> Image Sharpening

Yes you can upscale from a lower resolution: Gaming -> Global Graphics -> Display -> Virtual Super Resolution + GPU Scaling. While Virtual Super Resolution description only mentions downscaling from a higher resolution it also works from a lower resolution as well. Make sure if you have a multiple monitor setup that the gaming monitor is selected for settings or all the monitors are configured
Even the RX 570 supports Image shaping .. going load up borderlands 3 and try Fidelity FX on it ..

Reactions: noko
like this

crazycrave

Gawd
I didn't make it to Borderlands 3 ... decided to grab Marvel's Avengers because it has both DLSS 2.0 and Fidelity FX CAS with in it for both camps ..

RX 570 8Gb used..