AMD EPP Pricing Announced: [Phenom II 955 BE & Radeon 6950 2GB] for $199 w/FREE S/H

neural0

Limp Gawd
Nice, finally released the pricing...

And we're not getting dicked over on tax/shipping like Intel's bundle...

I think I will make friends with some of the other employees quickly and stock up my FS/FT/WTB/WTT Post if I can get their deals.

Also there is nothing that I could find in the TOS that prevents you from reselling it, unlike the Intel deal. BTW you do need at least 70k points to order.
My GTX 260 needs replacing. Have the $ in my bank account. So tempting.

[21CW]killerofall;1038089832 said:
Also there is nothing that I could find in the TOS that prevents you from reselling it, unlike the Intel deal. BTW you do need at least 70k points to order.
My GTX 260 needs replacing. Have the $ in my bank account. So tempting.

But intel can't really check if you are reselling it or not.

Just snagged up the intel deal and waiting for this now. My cousin has wanted to upgrade for quite some time so this is perfect for him!

I want to order these things but I don't have friends that work for best buy or anything. All my friends are in the health field.

But intel can't really check if you are reselling it or not.
Yea but it isn't worth the hassle to even bother and with several other people doing it, the prices will go down. I also need to get a FS thread going as I have several parts just sitting around that I need to get rid of, enough to build a complete system, literally.

So the only way to get these is if you know somebody??? :( Sucks cause I'm looking to upgrade both my cpu AND gpu...

The irony of seeing NIB i7-3960x in FS/T right after it's been offered on Intel EPP.

Actually.... it's the 2700k + most people wouldn't even have their CPU yet since it was just live yesterday.

Can someone hook a brotha up (this brotha to be exact) with that 6950 2GB combo?

Nobody else finds it funny that you get a phenom II and not bulldozer? :p Some faith in your own products right there.:p Or they are just clearing out inventory.

Actually.... it's the 2700k + most people wouldn't even have their CPU yet since it was just live yesterday.

Hmm... I must be confused with something... doesn't EPP stand for Employee Purchase Program? The i7-2700K is Intel Retail Edge, not Intel EPP.

Hmm... I must be confused with something... doesn't EPP stand for Employee Purchase Program? The i7-2700K is Intel Retail Edge, not Intel EPP.

It's the same thing EPP is Employee Purchase Program. Intel just names it Retail Edge as AMD names theirs Retail Pro

I'd give someone money to get this for me. No friends in retail here either.

If someone can hook me up, let me know ASAP as I'm about to pull the trigger on the 960T from Newegg.

I had no idea AMD had an epp. Think if I register now I'll have a chance of getting in on this?

wish i knew someone! might have to kidnap a best buy employee or something

if anyone wants to be my best friend ever, PM me

You guys act like your friends in retail are just going to hand this deal over...

You also need the points, which take time and effort. You take tests and watch videos over the course of the year just to earn the points to be eligible.

I once traded my deal for a friend's old hardware that they were replacing.

If someone wants to sell me the either deal pm me its just what I need

Last edited:
Yea AMD's EPPs sell out hella quick... THis same thing happened over the summer when I got my 6950 2GB for $120, sold out in 14 SECONDS.

I got in on the 955BE/6950 combo to replace my current setup. I've got no idea what board to pick up for this now. Is there anything decent in the $100 range?

What time did you order it? I checked when I got to work the day of and they were all gone

How do you manage to order these deals?
I take it not everyone here is a sales person for intel or amd so whats the catch?
Forgive my ignorance.

Man, I wish I would have known about this. Unlike the Intel one, my wife would qualify for AMD's since she works at Target. Oh well, I'll be ready for next year.

If anyone is interested in the 6950 but not the 955~ PM me for nefarious dealing! :D
But that's if NMCI/HP qualifies (don't know yet).

Back