AMD Drops Ryzen 3000 Pricing by up to $50

This seems good, but the prices have been down on e-tailers for a bit, so don't expect a drastic change if you were recently looking. I looked last month and they were this low for the 3600/3700 stuff. It was surprising to me because the 3-series and 2-series were pretty close in price.

Seems AMD is just making it official.

*Edit*
Just checked CamelCamelCamel and quite a few have been down there since Feb.

The only serious drop is the 3900 for $400. The rest have been at or within $10-20 of those prices since the holidays so 3-4 months. The drop sure does make the 3800X look pointless. More than it already has since release.

I wonder if the 3950X will also get a significant discount, similar to the 3900X?

I'm still happy with my 3900x purchase. Though I do want to get a good corsair AIO cooler.

This is fantastic strategy...seems that AMD is confident with their sales volume and revenue where they can cut into profits per unit, which will only make their sales volume undoubtedly keep going up.
Win-win!

Where? They're still $700 at CC and ME; $660 on Amazon and Newegg.

Amazon, from Amazon, they were $530.

There's a local "shop" (he's a repair guy) here in the frozen Haliburton Highlands that was $499.

I bought two.

Edit: Holy crap in the palm of your hand, it is up to $660 on Amazon. It was $539 literally this morning. That's the thing with Amazon, though: Hugs and kisses in the morning, surprise rough sex in an alley in the afternoon.

Last edited:
already got me a 3900x for $419 on newegg a few weeks ago. And a RX 5700 for $300 + $30 rebate ( haven't filled it out yet).
The itch was too great!
I'm just missing a Sabrent rocket PCIe4 SSD with the giant heatsink now...

Back