AMD Confirms Zen 3 Brings Entirely Brand New CPU Architecture, Delivers Significant IPC Gains, Faste

Discussion in 'HardForum Tech News' started by erek, Nov 19, 2019.

1. extide

extide 2[H]4U

Not sure if you're trying to be sarcastic or not but both the wiki article and the toms article use the term module to refer to a dimm. Tom's actually uses both terms -- It's not like that's new terminology either...

2. Ebernanut

Ebernanut [H]ard|Gawd

My first thought was that this sounds like the Bulldozer hype but after thinking about it for a second it sounds more like the comments leading up to Zen 2 which were fairly accurate. It would be great if these turn out nice and I could drop one of these in my x470 board but I half expect them to require a new socket with the 2020 timeline they've stated before.

Branding often changes less frequently than architectures, AMD used the Athlon branding from socket A until AM3+ and Intel used the Pentium branding from the 586 through Pentium IV.

3. Mega6

Mega6 2[H]4U

Sarcasm ;)

4. P1x3L

P1x3L [H]Lite

So sounds like we won't be able to build a DDR5 box until mid 2021? Hopefully ECC will be more widely available for DDR5 motherboards with Ryzen than DDR4!

5. blackmomba

blackmomba [H]Lite

Yeah it'll be AM4+, something like with the last 5 sockets, where an AM4 chip can drop right in

6. HAL_404

HAL_404 Gawd

So many comments in here about the announcement being a lie but then I realized that many have been conditioned by Intel over the past how many year?

I thought the writing was on the wall for Intel when they started selling the K versions that couldn't be OCed without giving it a delid and in the process voiding the warranty :barefoot: