AMD confirms quad-core on AM2

Status
Not open for further replies.
duby229 said:
Talk about calling the kettle black..... I once said the same thing, and you jumped all over me.

Very true Duby . No denial on that. I was wrong you were right. But there was a differance. Intel actually showed the world a working processor . Isn't that the discussion we were having at the time you referred to?

$BangforThe$ said:
Very true Duby . No denial on that. I was wrong you were right. But there was a differance. Intel actually showed the world a working processor . Isn't that the discussion we were having at the time you referred to?

It was a different situation, but the argument was the same.

Rocco123 said:
My input is this: Until developers start utilizing multiple cores, I'm not creaming my shorts over 2, 4, 8 or even 16 cores. As far as I'm concerned, the apps I run can still only use one at a time.
you are missing the point:

Major F@H points

:D

Nonetheless, I don't see myself buying a 4x4 platform unless it works with non-FX chips and the "price is right".

Chris_Morley said:
Good lord. If flying to California and attending an analyst day hosted by AMD at AMD's headquarters is "speculation" that there is a roadmap showing quad-core in 2007, what is proof?
in $BFT$'s eyes? Nothing short of the chip in his hands, unless it's made by intel, of course.

I have rehosted your pic at:
here if you want me to take it down, let me know.

drizzt81 said:
in $BFT$'s eyes? Nothing short of the chip in his hands, unless it's made by intel, of course.

I have rehosted your pic at:
here if you want me to take it down, let me know.

And when does this chip appear?

Behind closed doors, insiders revealed to DailyTech a few tidbits of the long term quad core roadmap. AMD will introduce no less than four quad-core families over the next two years, with the first being Deerhound. Deerhound, we are told, will be a Socket F server processor expected to ship late next year on the K8 -- not K8L -- architecture. Deerhound did not appear to support FB-DIMM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back