AMD confirmed issue of grey lines

Hopefully this fixes the issue with my LCD backlight no longer turning off when my monitor goes into power suspend mode. I never had an issue with this until updating to 10.1, at which point I also experienced the lovely gray background with alternating one-pixel-wide vertically-oriented green stripes spaced approximately a quarter-inch apart.

Hopefully this fixes the mouse enlargements and the fucking fullscreen video crashing. Fucking idiots those guys at AMD/ATI.

If anyone recalls, I built a system for a friend, intel i5 750,ATI 5770, 4GB Ram, Intel motherboard, etc and thats the only thing that bugging us right now.

Hopefully this fixes the mouse enlargements and the fucking fullscreen video crashing. Fucking idiots those guys at AMD/ATI.

If anyone recalls, I built a system for a friend, intel i5 750,ATI 5770, 4GB Ram, Intel motherboard, etc and thats the only thing that bugging us right now.

The mouse enlarging was fixed with 10.1 I believe.

Have been using 4 and 5 series cards since each hit the market and have never once seen any of the issues described in this thread in any driver version.

Just adding some perspective ;)

You're not being rude. I nearly went with a 5770, but my entire recent upgrade has been a budget and by going with a dual core, modest mobo and 5750 I've managed to save well over $150, which is plenty nice. I have about seven more months to pay off my lawn tractor at 0%! :)

Regardless of all performance crap, compared to my recently parted out 4400+/7800GT rig, a Phenom II X2 550 & 5750 will surely give me plenty of gaming overhead, especially considering I'm a casual gamer. Most of my gaming is with iRacing. I reused a lot of parts, so between my cpu/mobo/memory & video card, I have about $450 invested. I hope to sell my old cpu & memory (mobo is dead) and recoup about $100.

Don't listen to the hardware snobs. A dual cpu with a 5750 is fine for modest/casual gaming if your resolution and settings aren't too high. I like bleeding edge tech myself but I understand that some people have budgets. :)

Running 9.12 hotfix atm. I'm waiting for a 10.x version that will give support for CrossfireX+Eyefinity as well as overclocking. Haven't experienced flickering since I turned off OC. But I'd like them to fix that in drivers. Or is it the bios that is changing the 2d speeds?

I've personally never had this once with my 5970, but nice to hear they're fixing it, sounds like a real pain for some of you.

Back