AMD CDNA Architecture Based Arcturus GPU

erek

[H]F Junkie
Radeon Instinct target market :(

"So far, AMD has unveiled that the main focus of CDNA would be performance, efficiency, features, scalability in the data center market. Currently, AMD's GCN architecture has served this segment but with CDNA, AMD will be creating GPUs specifically optimized for high-performance Compute, Machine Learning, and HPC. The 1st Gen CDNA GPUs will feature a 2nd Gen Infinity Architecture and would utilize the ROCm (Radeon Open Compute Platform) to power the data center with key optimizations and enhanced scalability. The 2nd Gen Infinity Architecture will allow for 4-8 Way GPU connectivity in a singular node, allowing the new Radeon Instinct boards to run in harmony.

AMD has proved that they can offer more FLOPs at a competitive price so maybe that is where Arcturus would be targetting. There's no word on when Arcturus would land, but AMD has hinted at a Radeon Instinct product later this year which will feature its 1st Gen CDNA architecture."

https://wccftech.com/amd-cdna-architecture-radeon-instinct-arcturus-gpu-120-cu-7680-cores/

Great! The reason why GPU prices went insane was because the cryptocurrency mining craze used compute units - which all the AMD gaming cards had! By spiting their cards between CDNA (compute) and RDNA (Radeon) they'll be able to focus on utilizing more space for gaming on RDNA and reduce the chances of another mining craze effecting gaming GPUs.

Last edited:
Great! The reason why GPU prices went insane was because the cryptocurrency mining craze used compute units - which all the AMD gaming cards hard! By spiting their cards between CDNA (compute) and RDNA (Radeon) they'll be able to focus on utilizing more space for gaming on RDNA and reduce the chances of another mining craze effecting gaming GPUs.

Hopefully they increased their talent, execution and and fab contracts equally to match this fork.

4-8 Way GPU connectivity ??

Ohh Dare to hope that that joke GPU of AMD's being 36 TFLOPS + could be possible :p

Great! The reason why GPU prices went insane was because the cryptocurrency mining craze used compute units - which all the AMD gaming cards hard! By spiting their cards between CDNA (compute) and RDNA (Radeon) they'll be able to focus on utilizing more space for gaming on RDNA and reduce the chances of another mining craze effecting gaming GPUs.

I don't know that this has happened yet since the RDNA 5700 is probably the best performance per watt for ETH that I can think of. If I tweak it, I can get ~52MH/s at 100W just playing around.

Hopefully they increased their talent, execution and and fab contracts equally to match this fork.

Gamers compose a very insignificant market share for AMD relative to other markets. Eliminating their debts and improving R&D to stay ahead of Intel has been AMD's top priority, not ensuring that people can, "Pawn noobs for the lulz at over 9000fPS!!!!!"

"In human life, economics precedes politics or culture." - Park Geun-hye

Nvidia has proved that having two arch's is a better way, since server simply needs as much compute as possible and that just brings wasted transistors and more heat to gaming cards. Glad to see AMD finally making the switch, even if it is 5 years late.

Gamers compose a very insignificant market share for AMD relative to other markets. Eliminating their debts and improving R&D to stay ahead of Intel has been AMD's top priority, not ensuring that people can, "Pawn noobs for the lulz at over 9000fPS!!!!!"

"In human life, economics precedes politics or culture." - Park Geun-hye
Not for nothing but I wouldn't use that particular quote from someone who was literally being used by billionaires to forward their agenda. Hell they probably wrote that.

Last edited:
Back