AMD Catalyst 15.7 Driver is now available!

Warsam71

AMD Community Manager
Hello everyone,

Click here to download the driver.

Highlights of the Driver:

Windows 10 Technical Preview Support:
• This driver provides full WDDM 2.0 support for Windows 10 and DirectX 12 on all Graphics Core Next (GCN) supported products -AMD Radeon HD 7000 and newer graphics products. Official driver support for AMD products will be available when Microsoft launches Windows 10 on July 29th, 2015.
• NOTE: To ensure stability, users should upgrade to the latest available Windows 10 Technical Preview build provided by Microsoft before installing AMD Catalyst 15.7.

Virtual Super Resolution (VSR):
• VSR provides image quality enhancements to games and Windows desktop users by rendering images at a higher resolution and then down-scaling the same.

Frame Rate Target Control (FRTC):
• FRTC allows the user to set a maximum frame rate when playing an application in full screen exclusive mode. This feature provides the following benefits:
o Reduced GPU power consumption
o Reduced system heat
o Lower fan speeds and less noise

AMD FreeSync and AMD Crossfire Support:
• FreeSync and Crossfire can now be used together in applications using DirectX 10 or higher. Please note, this feature is currently not supported on systems configured in Dual Graphics mode.

Please refer to the Release Notes for information regarding Known and Resolved Issues, CrossFire Profile enhancements for numerous games and to learn more about which graphics cards support VSR and FRTC.

For instructions on how to uninstall or install the AMD Catalyst Software Suite, you may refer to the following support resources:

How-To Uninstall AMD Catalyst™ Drivers From A Windows® Based System
How-To Install AMD Catalyst™ Drivers For A Windows® Based System

Please make sure to read the Known Issues sections to learn more about this version of the driver and use the Issue Reporting Form to report any bugs – Thank you!

Official Freesync support for Crossfire and Frame Rate Control - hell yes. Tons of bug fixes, improved Crossfire profiles.

Good job guys.

very nice to get all these new features in official driver...thanks

You are welcome guys.

Also, I was just asked whether this is the WHQL driver - it is.
We're also going to post a blog that elaborates on the new features soon.

Nice. :) Finally getting some new stuff and new drivers. :D I miss the monthlies they used to do. Even if changes were minimal, at least they were consistent.

Installed and ready to game! :)

Well what is this?:confused: new whql drivers from camp red after only 7 months?:eek: say it aint so joe
:D

Hi Geforcepat, it is the WHQL Driver

Last edited:
Kick ass hopefully this will shut up some of the nvidiot's round here. Yes I know I have a gtx card but damn they get annoying, especially lately with the fury dogging. If I had the cash I would be rocking a fury x and really like the water cooler being on the card.

maybe im missing it, but how do you enable VSR?

In My Digital Flat Panel Properties Tab
Capture_zpstd1rnyai.png

Would be nice if FRTC went below 55fps.

30 would be good, I think. Otherwise these new software features are nice. Alien Isolation looked much better with VSR, since it´s one of those deferred rendering engines that have untameable jaggies unless you can downsample (great game otherwise).

Sweet, I'll be installing this tomorrow. Glad to see crossfire freesync support. Maybe I can just add a second 290x now.

Any way to improve desktop font quality using superres games look great just tying to make desktop look better

well.. drivers are stable. My complaint is that it's missing 10 bit color selection.. I need my 10 bit color!! :-p really.........

Hell yeah! Been looking for a new drive since Omega back in December! Looking forward to getting this set up with new games.

CCC doesn't offer the Frametime smoothing that Afterburner offer.

I've never seen this feature of Afterburner...

EDIT: I just scoured Afterburner and RTSS looking for something about Frametime and found nothing other than just reporting frametimes.

I've never seen this feature of Afterburner...

EDIT: I just scoured Afterburner and RTSS looking for something about Frametime and found nothing other than just reporting frametimes.

Maybe he talking nvidia card afterburner, cause i never seen that either

No such thing exists for me in AB either and I have an nVidia card.

The framerate limit/target in afterburner works the same way it worked years ago in RivaTuner. if you want to test fast (as in on phone and have not enough time to explain) just set a frame rate limit in any game you will see how 1 of the cores of the CPU will be maxed out instantly, you can enable and disable everytime you want to test and see how the same core behave in the same game, same spot etc. that feature use a dedicated CPU system Core for a FrameTime Smoothing, which work to reduce Severe Stuttering like Diablo 3 or Skyrim. it keep each Frame Synchronized to the game Engine (not the screen) so also it help to avoid Tearing below the refresh rate.. so, test for yourself and comment your experience =).

The framerate limit/target in afterburner works the same way it worked years ago in RivaTuner. if you want to test fast (as in on phone and have not enough time to explain) just set a frame rate limit in any game you will see how 1 of the cores of the CPU will be maxed out instantly, you can enable and disable everytime you want to test and see how the same core behave in the same game, same spot etc. that feature use a dedicated CPU system Core for a FrameTime Smoothing, which work to reduce Severe Stuttering like Diablo 3 or Skyrim. it keep each Frame Synchronized to the game Engine (not the screen) so also it help to avoid Tearing below the refresh rate.. so, test for yourself and comment your experience =).
RivaTuner had a framerate limiter!? It's been a while, but I don't remember that at all.

RivaTuner had a framerate limiter!? It's been a while, but I don't remember that at all.

yes it had, and also it's the base of Afterburner that's why the RTSS are installed (rivatuner statistic server) which is used for all monitoring and logging services.

yes it had, and also it's the base of Afterburner that's why the RTSS are installed (rivatuner statistic server) which is used for all monitoring and logging services.

This is the first time i have seen you make a post that i believe confuses pretty much everyone...when you get time please post a screenshot of where this framerate limiter more specifically in afterburner is...Cause im more confused now than before:D

Not on my R9 280.

Not on my HD 7850, either, although the driver notes specifically state that the 7800-series & 7900-series support it. I'm getting a bit weary of this as they are both GCN and should support the feature--no reason for them not to support it.

Does the connecting cable have anything to do with the availability of the option?

caW3kEh.png

Note the framerate limit setting. RTSS is installed with every installation of Afterburner. This is what people are/were using.

Official Freesync support for Crossfire and Frame Rate Control - hell yes. Tons of bug fixes, improved Crossfire profiles.

Good job guys.

They make it sound like it just has the Crossfire profiles other updates already had. ???

Is VSR just auto in the background or are there supposed to be different additional resolutions we can set? I have it enabled but don't see any other resolution options.

Back