AMD Catalyst 13.35 BETA Driver With Mantle and HSA Support Scheduled For End of Janu?

Lith1um

2[H]4U
Rumor Mill?

http://wccftech.com/amd-catalyst-13...a-support-scheduled-january-kaveri-coprocess/

AMD Catalyst 13.35 BETA Driver With Mantle and HSA Support Scheduled For End of January – Kaveri HSA Co-Processing Demonstrated

Hardware Posted 1 day ago by hassan mujtaba

AMD is preparing new software updates for their latest generation of APUs and GPUs in January beginning with the Catalyst 13.35 BETA Driver which is scheduled for launch at the end of January. The Catalyst 13.35 BETA will add support for HSA and Mantle and the drivers would get even better in late Q1 2014 with the arrival of AMD’s recently revealed Catalyst 14.1 BETA.AMD Catalyst 13.35 Mantle HSA Support

AMD Catalyst 13.35 BETA Driver With Mantle and HSA Support Scheduled For End of January

The Catalyst 13.35 Driver will feature support for various new technologies which include proper support for the Kaveri APUs by fully unleashing support of the Mantle API, Dual Graphics Frame Pacing, HSA feature and AMD’s TrueAudio technology. In addition to that, the new Catalyst will also come with a new UI and an auto-update feature which will notify users of the latest WHQL certified and BETA drivers so that their PCs don’t remain out-dated. Another important tool will automatically detect the device ID and provide users with correct drivers and profile packages making sure you don’t use a mobility driver for your desktop graphics card.

The new driver aims to further enhance frame rendered across multiple graphic cards in CrossFireX or Dual graphics configuration to be displaye at an even and regular pace. The frame pacing solution would also be expanded over to the Kaveri APUs with a new Kaveri beta support driver available by the end of January followed by a WHQL version month later. This is great news considering those who are getting Kaveri APU at launch three days from now won’t have to wait too long for a new Catalyst driver to enhance their gaming experience whether their running the APU in standalone mode with the onboard Radeon R7 series graphics or in dual-graphics configuration.

Drivers for Kaveri is still immature at this state and the following performance graph from AMD shows off the difference the Catalyst 13.35 driver makes in Tomb Raider. Mantle API would further leverage performance for these APUs and a setup of AMD’s A10-7850K and Radeon R9 290X will deliver upto 45% improvement over the DirectX API. You can check out the frame pacing feature performance chart below, notice that the performance is beging compared against an OlandXT (with old drivers) versus an OlandXT with new drivers (OlandXT is the chip fused inside AMD’s R7 250 graphics card and is one of only two cards which offer dual graphics compatibility with the Kaveri APUs):

Continued at: http://wccftech.com/amd-catalyst-13...duled-january-kaveri-coprocess/#ixzz2qgsy797x

Well, I'd be pretty sure AMD is just waiting on EA to release the Mantle version of BF4 to release this driver update.

Well, I'd be pretty sure AMD is just waiting on EA to release the Mantle version of BF4 to release this driver update.

Yeah and I look forward to the new hilarious bugs sure to ensue. Seriously, I am becoming a fan of the whoopsies they release.

Actually you need the driver in place before the game patch but yeah. Plus we'll have more Mantle games coming out shortly after that:

- Plants Vs Zombies on February 25th
- Thief on February 28th

Oh and this seems to have gone under the radar. TressFX is already being adopted on next gen consoles. Tomb Raider Definitive edition uses it.

Actually you need the driver in place before the game patch but yeah. Plus we'll have more Mantle games coming out shortly after that:

- Plants Vs Zombies on February 25th
- Thief on February 28th

Oh and this seems to have gone under the radar. TressFX is already being adopted on next gen consoles. Tomb Raider Definitive edition uses it.

Hmm, end of February is looking good! 3 games in 2 months, not bad at all!

TressFX and the dynamics between console development (read $$$) and PC games benefiting from this is looking great imo! Even if the PC versions get delayed for console sales like has been happening lately Mantle's scaling and performance will be interesting to see indeed.

the engine is a dx engine, stardock has been working on the game since they bought the rights in 2010. Stardock is a tiny developer, they only have a handful of people.

The mantle port is alpha.

Personally, id like to see them port Sins of a Solar Empire as well.

the engine is a dx engine, stardock has been working on the game since they bought the rights in 2010. Stardock is a tiny developer, they only have a handful of people.

The mantle port is alpha.

Personally, id like to see them port Sins of a Solar Empire as well.
Day one purchase for me if they have a sequel to Sins of the Solar Empire with Mantle support. A port would be great as well.

I'd like to see if EVE Online's developers, CCP, have taken any interest in it. They have started to transition to a DirectX 11 engine, and supposedly won't plan a full switchover from DX9 for another 4-5 years from now. It may not help with large ship fights but the thought of having a better particle and physics effects, including damage-specific points on a ship would be nice to see happen with EVE. Something other than Star Citizen.

Day one purchase for me if they have a sequel to Sins of the Solar Empire with Mantle support. A port would be great as well.

I'd like to see if EVE Online's developers, CCP, have taken any interest in it. They have started to transition to a DirectX 11 engine, and supposedly won't plan a full switchover from DX9 for another 4-5 years from now. It may not help with large ship fights but the thought of having a better particle and physics effects, including damage-specific points on a ship would be nice to see happen with EVE. Something other than Star Citizen.

Where's EVE currently at in the graphics department these days? I always thought the performance bottleneck issue was more on the server/network side than client rendering. (Been a long time since I logged in though.)

Where's EVE currently at in the graphics department these days? I always thought the performance bottleneck issue was more on the server/network side than client rendering. (Been a long time since I logged in though.)

It's still a server issue than client-side when it comes to large ship battles. They've done as much as they could to alleviate some but not all of the problems especially when it gets to 1000-plus ship battles.

Client side, EVE Online still looks good but CCP is planning on bigger things that's only been shown as conceptual ideas. One was physics-based asteroid movement that can interact with and damage ships. Another was better physics-based particle effects. The last one impressed me the most: Ship-specific damage on the ship itself. By targeting specific points on a ship like the engine or shield generator, hit it enough times and you will see it get damaged over time eventually spewing out smoke and debris.

I'm definitely looking for those changes. Not sure how much they can improve server-side performance without completely overhauling how they handle large ship battles.

http://www.extremetech.com/gaming/1...-again-as-battlefield-4-struggles-to-fix-bugs
http://vr-zone.com/articles/mantle-patch-battlefield-4-reportedly-delayed/70627.html
http://n4g.com/news/1444603/amd-man...ice-focusing-on-sorting-out-game-issues-first

reports/rumors floating around that Mantle will be delayed until February. ExtremeTech posted an update to their article saying they spoke with Robert Hallock of AMD and he 'categorically denied' the patch will drop in February.

thedevelopper ‏@thedeveloppe
According to a EA representative, the #BF4 Mantle patch has been delayed to February. @repi @AMD is it true? pic.twitter.com/oFbDMtqsvQ

Johan Andersson ‏@repi
@thedevelopper @AMD nope

DICE and AMD both seem to think they're on track, so brace yourselves, I guess.

AMD has a team at DICE working on getting mantle into BF4 and i doubt EA's stance at fixing bugs before adding content really affected that team working on mantle too much, but delaying mantle release until late jan. because of that is likely a good excuse to polish it up a bit more. and for AMD to flesh out the next driver release better ect.

We do have Thief to look forward to, but all tweets point to an imminent release of the driver update and the BF4 client patch for Mantle. Like in the next day or so.

We do have Thief to look forward to, but all tweets point to an imminent release of the driver update and the BF4 client patch for Mantle. Like in the next day or so.

Also check out Plans vs Zombies: Garden Warfare, it runs on frostbite and will support mantle as well. Co-op gameplay looks pretty fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqjLVhqTDJ0

Edit: It comes out February 25th, 3 days before Thief.

Last edited:
straight from Robert Hallock at AMD (Thracks):

"Update: The "Mantle" driver reported by WCCFTech and other websites does not actually contain any libraries for Mantle. As of today, the driver's code is more than 6 weeks old and generates irrelevant performance.

Mantle remains on track for January, and you'll be sure to hear the story straight from us this month."

straight from Robert Hallock at AMD (Thracks):

"Update: The "Mantle" driver reported by WCCFTech and other websites does not actually contain any libraries for Mantle. As of today, the driver's code is more than 6 weeks old and generates irrelevant performance.

Mantle remains on track for January, and you'll be sure to hear the story straight from us this month."

They are running out of "January".

i still think its odd they keep saying "this month" when there ar eonly 3 days left.

nope, 6xxx cannot group shader into render units, therefore not compatible with mantle.

Last edited:
I guess he is saying release within 3 days, lol

Why pick a stupid date? Release the damn patch already since it's been ready. Is there some kind of press release coming from Nvidia in feb that is causing AMD to wait last minute on this to steal thunder?

earlier in this thread someone speculated they're using this time to polish it up a bit. seems like a reasonable guess to me.

so end of January really means almost the very last day of the month...they really seem to be struggling with this...doesn't sound like a smooth release at all...wouldn't be surprised to see this as nothing more then an alpha/beta for a few months

I guess he is saying release within 3 days, lol

Why pick a stupid date? Release the damn patch already since it's been ready. Is there some kind of press release coming from Nvidia in feb that is causing AMD to wait last minute on this to steal thunder?

Nvidia just released a new geforce beta package (334.67)....

perhaps thats their answer...

lol

If AMD and DICE are making sure it will run without any troubles then I don't mind waiting till they release it , however if Mantle is such an unstable form that it is not worth getting it that would be very bad for AMD.

Really looking for new drivers here AMD. Still having issues with audio corruption and vsync on any drivers newer than 13.11 Beta 9.2. Where is 14.1? Sigh.

just saw a news about the 13.5driver being leaked. downloading the driver atm. but you can read the article here about it being leaked, also the leaked one only works for Toshiba notebooks. so, anyone who got a Toshiba laptop w/ the newer GPU (HD8***) will be able to test it out xD

http://www.eteknix.com/?p=106111

per AMD There is no mantle in that package, its for toshiba laptops, and its 6 weeks out of date,

Back