AMD Brings Smart Access Memory (Resizable Bar) To Ryzen 3000 Desktop CPUs, Up To 16% Performance Boost In AAA Games

Article says bios update needed for this. I see a bios update for my motherboard from January that mentions resizeable BAR but i think that is prob the one for the 5000 series and might have to wait a bit?

https://wccftech.com/amd-brings-smart-access-memory-resizable-bar-to-ryzen-3000-desktop-cpus/

Ok so where is it and how i do turn it on? Im running a 3700x with rtx 2070 i thought this wasnt possible with the 2070 rtx. Is it cpu now or gpu based?
Resizable BAR is a PCI (express) extension/optional standard included in the PCI-E 3.0 spec that nobody cared to implement until last year. To use it, you need system firmware support, and card firmware support, and maybe OS/driver support, too. If your card doesn't do it, no sense in upgrading your bios to get access to it.

Very interesting. Not sure if I'll use it myself with my own machine but glad it is there (or going to be there soon) for everyone to use. Out!

It's both. Both the gpu firmware and cpu/motherboard firmware will require for it to work.

It says it works on Ryzen 3000 so would this be a new bios update in the future coming out? I have a 3700x

It says it works on Ryzen 3000 so would this be a new bios update in the future coming out? I have a 3700x
It depends upon your board, mine is the Gigabyte X570 Master and I already had bios F32, which had Agesa 1.1.0.0. so I was already good to go. As long as you meet the requirements from AMD, you are able to use smart access memory

Back