AMD BIOS Signature check re-enabled with ReLive can stop loading

CSI_PC

2[H]4U
Context is Polaris GPUs.

Not seen this posted but think it needs to be a heads-up as ReLive will not load if using a modded BIOS to increase voltage-etc.
From TPU:
If you are using a modded BIOS on your AMD Polaris card, and try to install AMD's excellent Crimson ReLive drivers, you might be in for a surprise. This is because AMD re-enabled their BIOS signature enforcement with these latest drivers. Basically, if you modded your card's BIOS in search of higher overclocking, more voltage or customized fan settings, the hash in your BIOS is no longer recognized by AMD the driver, since it differs from the factory values.

On detecting such a modded BIOS with an invalid checksum, the Crimson ReLive driver won't load, meaning that the system will run with the VGA fallback driver only, without 3D acceleration and Radeon Settings will not start. However, you can force your modded BIOS to load on Crimson ReLive if you're willing to jump through some hoops.
https://www.techpowerup.com/228536/...ed-with-relive-locks-out-polaris-bios-modders
The link also has workarounds.

Cheers

yes, its posted in couple of threads, people seems to not care about.. weird..

yes, its posted in couple of threads, people seems to not care about.. weird..
That is funny,
I thought I would double check the actual Relive driver thread in AMD section and searched on BIOS and found no entry, I guess it must be in other more diverse topics.
And yeah, I think this is going to catch a few owners out so surprised as well myself about how low key posts are on this.
Cheers

Edit:
Ah ok and yeah already seems at least one has been affected, mentioned in the official HardOCP thread under Video Cards section rather than AMD section.

Last edited:
If you have a dual bios (most AMD cards) can't you switch to the stock bios - load drivers - then switch back?

If you have a dual bios (most AMD cards) can't you switch to the stock bios - load drivers - then switch back?
Someone with the XFX 480 in the Relive thread under Video Cards mentioned he had to swap back to earlier driver.
If it is at time of loading I cannot see any way around this apart from the workaround mentioned in the article.
Cheers

Back