AMD BIOS F50 vs F31 ???

Because there are so manymakesnand models we cant directly say hell yes go do it but theres an old rule of thumb in IT.

If its working and not broken dont mess with it.

Unless there is a compelling reason to update i.e. major security flaw or performance gain id say leave it be.

I agree with tango, if its working leave it be. Most of the newer bios updates available for your board address Ryzen 3000 issues.

I agree. That's why I wanted to ask around first. If it's not worth the update then, I won't do it, which is why I'm still on F31 instead of F50.

My reason was because of the "AMD AGESA 1.0.0.4 B"

F31 BIOS is just AGESA 0.0.7.2

So, I don't know. I don't even know what AGESA is or what it does. AMD doesn't explain it on that page.

I agree. That's why I wanted to ask around first. If it's not worth the update then, I won't do it, which is why I'm still on F31 instead of F50.

My reason was because of the "AMD AGESA 1.0.0.4 B"

F31 BIOS is just AGESA 0.0.7.2

So, I don't know. I don't even know what AGESA is or what it does. AMD doesn't explain it on that page.

AGESA is what AMD calls their microcode versions.. i forget what intel calls theirs. since you're on the 2700x and if your current bios is working fine for you just stick with that one.. if you move to zen 2 then update to the 1.0.0.4b bios before installing the cpu and you should be fine.

Agesa
AMD Generic Encapsulated System Architecture

Its the fundamental opersting system of the hardware layer of your system. Its the actual programming on the eeprom of the bios that dictates everything from C states to Frequencies to Voltages of every component that supports the CPU and Chipset and all PCIe interface connections.

OK, so if I understand correctly I don't need BIOS F50 with "AMD AGESA 1.0.0.4 B" if I'm just using the 2700X CPU? If I upgrade to the 3xxx series then, I should update?

I'm still using F31 BIOS

Hi I have this mobo. I am on f50 and the Ryzen 5 Six Core 2600 After I updated I had faster booting and better memmory speed. My 3000 memmory kit chugs along at 3200 now all day. ✌☺

If you decide to update to F50, make sure you follow the instructions about installing the EC FW update tool. It's easy, just requires a couple extra bios flashes because it takes you back to an earlier bios revision.

Hi I have this mobo. I am on f50 and the Ryzen 5 Six Core 2600 After I updated I had faster booting and better memmory speed. My 3000 memmory kit chugs along at 3200 now all day. ✌☺

I have three different running AM4 boards and they are always flashed up to date because Ryzen is programable and I like that ..

I like to wait a couple months sometimes to update the BIOS in case there are errors ... which seems to happen fairly often. Just like several between the F31 and the F50. So I'm still a bit unclear if I really should update to the F50 or not?

Back