AMD Benefitting from its Diminutive Size says CEO

You just had to go there. :D :) ;)

Yup! :D Slap me down and call me silly!

The only reason I would bother with VR is flight simulation and I will not do it because of guaranteed motion sickness for me. :(

If people like VR, that's perfectly fine — preference is like the arse, split and hairy. I guess it's time for the first major split in gaming since the primary styles: non-VR versus VR.

all conjecture until we see the actual real world performance. I will lean towards whatever product, whether its Intel or AMD, that has the best price/performance. But there is no way I am investing in any new tech from them until its been run through the gamut of testing post-release.

Given the amount of sales, research, development, and products already out there for VR (including multiple HMDs from large companies)...you are already wrong.

You know, like the six from the 1990s that launched and cratered?

http://www.cheatsheet.com/technolog...ty-road-6-systems-of-the-past.html/?a=viewall

That's FIVE MORE than just the Virtual Boy. Most of which had far better features than the Virtual Boy, and comparable price to a modern high-end headset.

Just because products are shipping in the millions, doesn't mean it's a sustainable growth market. And without a solid base, there's no draw for quality games to be developed.

Last edited:
Back