AMD BD Review from Lab 501 legit results

They violate it by doing whatever they want. Its just papers that they sign.

a NDA is not when someone sequesters you at a secret underground compound staffed by a legion of super mercenaries until October 12th.

Wow there's so much wrong in this post and thread, I'm not sure why I'm commenting but I'll try and help out the clowns.

NDA's or Embargoes are a form of honor placed on trusted companies and public relations firms who give us the news exclusively, so we know there won’t be any mistakes. ;)

Bulldozer is under Embargo till the Oct. 12th or 14th kiddo's. This site with the pre-release is a joke, they have nothing.

Web sites and digital properties will never knowingly break an embargo agreement whether written or spoken or else they can't always get access to the "exclusives" like Bulldozer.

Last edited:
The cooler is the stock cooler. It is mentioned in the description.

This is a pre-view and not a full review. We do not know the legal implications. I'm grateful for even this limited release of benchmark results since it is done will all cards on the table.

Reality will blow your illusions and confirm "this junk". Alternatively, you could go for "permanent denial" mode and stay undercover. See you again in 2015 or whener AMD will release its next major uarch if they're still around by then. In the mean time, AMD will use pricing to position it adequately from a perf/price POV. They don't have other options.
Are youbanned at semi accurate?

I haven't really followed any AMD "leaked" benches but I do hope that it is at least a decent offering (of course with price considered). Not in the market now for another computer but I would consider it if it were appealing. But it is what it is.

What I do know that if it sucks I will laugh at two people

I will laugh at you and I will laugh at AMD Lamer

Hey! ;)

9f62e7dc-928b-4fe9-8400-e1f07d875f02.jpg

)

Bulldozer is under Embargo till the Oct. 12th kiddo's. This site with the pre-release is a joke, they have nothing.

I'm not gonna get into "what's legit or not" when it comes to the handful of sites that have leaked "benchmark results" in the last few days, but you sound like you think they all have an agenda AGAINST AMD and BD....? I hope all of them are BS, but after seeing time and time again the same results, it's kinda hard to believe that AMD's got anything for this round... It's a bit easier to believe that, than the assumption that all these sites are bullshit and "have nothing".... My $.02:rolleyes:

I'm not gonna get into "what's legit or not" when it comes to the handful of sites that have leaked "benchmark results" in the last few days, but you sound like you think they all have an agenda AGAINST AMD and BD....? I hope all of them are BS, but after seeing time and time again the same results, it's kinda hard to believe that AMD's got anything for this round... It's a bit easier to believe that, than the assumption that all these sites are bullshit and "have nothing".... My $.02:rolleyes:

Isnt rule one of the internet is that everyone lies.

If this and other stuff we've been seeing is what we'll be getting on the 12th, then AMD blows beyond belief. They could've made an X8 on the 32nm process with Llano cores for better ST and MT performance, probably a smaller die and no doubt saved truckloads of cash on R&D. Five years in development and this is it, it can barely beat a Thuban even with the smaller process.

No wonder all these people have been leaving AMD lately. They know BD for the turd that it is and are getting out themselves, or they're getting canned for the turd that BD is.

And I'm no Intel fan, that's why this turning out to be such a bitter disappointment. I feel bad for the ATI guys (what's left of them) knowing their company is being dragged down by the useless CPU engineers and architects.

If all this is FUD then I will happily eat my words, but it's hard to be optimistic at this point.

The results aren't looking very impressive, and after all the leaked benchmarks looks like Bulldozer did not live up to everybody's expectations. If it performs worse than a 1090T then something is really wrong.

Reality will blow your illusions and confirm "this junk". Alternatively, you could go for "permanent denial" mode and stay undercover. See you again in 2015 or whener AMD will release its next major uarch if they're still around by then. In the mean time, AMD will use pricing to position it adequately from a perf/price POV. They don't have other options.

NO BULLDOZER IS GOOD SHUT UP.

The results aren't looking very impressive, and after all the leaked benchmarks looks like Bulldozer did not live up to everybody's expectations. If it performs worse than a 1090T then something is really wrong.

I think Bulldozer will be a nice 8 Core chip, and be one of the best values for a CPU ever released.

The question is what can it do OC'd and how high can it go on Air for me, and what is the performance to cost in relation to 2500k?

AMD is a very smart company when it comes to these aspects. If it under performs, well that just means it will be even less costly than expected for us consumers. It's a win-win either way for me. AMD might have made some boo-boos on this design initially but they'll find the weaknesses eventually.

And if not, and AMD's thing is Multicore IPC for lowest cost (AMD) > Single Core IPC for the highest cost (Intel) for their company's outlook, so be it. Both avenues have their advantages, and both will be profitable for each company IMO.

Wow there's so much wrong in this post and thread, I'm not sure why I'm commenting but I'll try and help out the clowns.

NDA's or Embargoes are a form of honor placed on trusted companies and public relations firms who give us the news exclusively, so we know there won’t be any mistakes. ;)

Bulldozer is under Embargo till the Oct. 12th or 14th kiddo's. This site with the pre-release is a joke, they have nothing.

Web sites and digital properties will never knowingly break an embargo agreement whether written or spoken or else they can't always get access to the "exclusives" like Bulldozer.

Moving to adhoms now ?

Lab501 doesn't have a NDA so nothing to break. They've got it from somewhere. :)

Quick guide how to recognize fake benchmark:

If AMD performs badly it's fake :D

Still results as expected.

people with phase change will be getting 6 gighertz

too bad i sold mine

nah ill just get intel 2600k run it on air

It is funny how OP refers to it as review while the page says Preview. And the url shows preview and it is still a review, god what happened to you folks in english class ...

The site is run on some slow machine because it is not loading here. I still find some of the comments rather biased from people that are claiming that these are real because the Bulldozer doesn't perform.

Are you drunk or did you quote the wrong post?

I said that there is nothing difficult about breaking a NDA because it is an agreement. There is nothing physically holding back the trusted party from disclosing the information. They promised not to.

How does that differ from what you posted? Why don't you try posting some or all of that "so much wrong in this post" bullshit you are claiming?

Or is it just the bulldozer performance reality starting to sink in and burn a little?

Why isn't anyone showing bulldozervs Phenom? If bulldozer sucks more than Phenom then lets see it.

Yeah I'm not sure if bulldozer has the same or lower IPC than Phenom II but I am sure that several and probably a LOT of sites will compare them at the official launch.

I thought when they release the pricing it should be pretty clear where they stand, if they have a real gold, then BD would've had more aggressive pricing.

I thought when they release the pricing it should be pretty clear where they stand, if they have a real gold, then BD would've had more aggressive pricing.

AMD is well known for their aggressive pricing?

If I am not mistaken, didn't Kyle post something about BD implying it was decent/good?

I feel dirty for giving that site a dozen page views.

I think, at least until we actually see something from Kyle, I'm going to force myself to stop googling AMD, stop visiting the AMD subforum, and ban myself from purchases over $50.

But can we officially put the term "cores" to bed? It doesn't make sense anymore.

Quick guide how to recognize fake benchmark:

If AMD performs badly it's fake :D

Still results as expected.
Also if they do have a legit Bulldozer system its doing bad because they were not using the latest drivers with the latest bios(this is the key to all their claims). Seriously all I read from AMD fanboys is that the reviewer wasn't using the latest bios, and when they release that magical bios everything will be right...

This whole thing reminds me of that chip they called the 2900xt, every AMD/ATI fanboy said that the crappy drivers were to blame for all its issues, and the next driver would fix everything...

Also if they do have a legit Bulldozer system its doing bad because they were not using the latest drivers with the latest bios(this is the key to all their claims). Seriously all I read from AMD fanboys is that the reviewer wasn't using the latest bios, and when they release that magical bios everything will be right...

Maybe I'm a moron, but didn't all the AM3+ boards ship with a BIOS compatible with Bulldozer? The board used was ASUS Crosshair V... if that didn't have a good BIOS then what had? It's not like motherboard manufacturers haven't had PLENTY of time to get their boards perfectly compatible.

Also, there are ABSOLUTELY NO DRIVERS REQUIRED FOR A NEW PROCESSOR. NONE. The processor is a black box more or less to the operating system.

If I am not mistaken, didn't Kyle post something about BD implying it was decent/good?

I think he said you would be pleased with your purchase, and that it wasn't going to be mind blowing. I'm trying to find the actual post. lol

Doesn't look too bad compared to Thuban. The FPU cores share a scheduler, so FPU would be a bit worse than Thuban. In addition, I bet none of these benchmarks take advantage of the new fp ops.

3D Mark 11 (Physics) AIDA CPU PhotoWorxx AIDA CPU FPU SinJulia Cinebench 11.5

AMD Phenom II x6 1090T (4.0GHz) 5995 32728 3887 6.19
AMD FX-8150P 7248 51555 2638 6.01
Core I7 2600K 9585 66428 4694 6.91

Performance Relative to Thuban 17% 37% -47% -3%
Performance Relative to 2600K 32% 29% 78% 15%

Ill wait for reviews from sites that do CPU testing/reviews rather than one known for GPU's ;)

Could be true, but when they black shit out on the CPU always makes me a bit suspicious ...... regardless going to pick one up for my desktop on the refresh, will be fun to OC with on full water.

Ill wait for reviews from sites that do CPU testing/reviews rather than one known for GPU's ;)

Could be true, but when they black shit out on the CPU always makes me a bit suspicious ...... regardless going to pick one up for my desktop on the refresh, will be fun to OC with on full water.

They black it out so they don't reveal who leaked the review kit to them. I am already committed to buying Bulldozer on release day, I want to turn my Thuban spare parts into a build server.

I just it hope it beats the Thuban X6 in every category. It would be strange if that were not the case. We'll see next week.

And that isnt something I would trust, fine and dandy if its an actual retail sample, but still waiting on what I personally would consider legit.........i have similar plans for my 1090T

They black it out so they don't reveal who leaked the review kit to them. I am already committed to buying Bulldozer on release day, I want to turn my Thuban spare parts into a build server.

FXa are like i expected them to be. Good bang for back and nothing more. Only thing i dont like is huge power consumption and poor gaming perf. I think that at this point, even i3 is faster than 8 core FX for gaming..

I agree.

AMD has never been a big hit in the Ultra High Performance crowd except with the release of the Original Athlon.

I think BD will be the perfect chip for budget friendly gaming rigs just like the Phenoms.

I recall everything from the athlon 64 up till intel released core 2 wiping the floor with intel (badly) during the pentium 4 era.

Guys, stop worrying. Kyle made the comment himself
I would suggest AMD will possibly do good at satisfying many of those waiting on its 8-core processors for so long now.
from the 8150P preview. If this thing matches SB 2600K, I will be one satisfied customer. However, to have similar overall performance as the p67 and z68, the only board of choice is the Asus Crosshair V as it's Sata III and USB 3.0 performance is very similar in comparison to intel's chipset.

Back