AMD/ATI Radeon X800XL 256MB

ZodaEX

Supreme [H]ardness
As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
You might be shooting a bit high on this. I gave a 850XT away a few years ago and I think that's pretty close to the going value.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/172055780592?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Beautiful Ati Radeon X800XL Videocard for only $36 dollars shipped. Card works wonderfully and is very lightly used. Perfect for a gift, or if you want to upgrade your PC. International shipping also available. If this card doesn't sell in 7 days i'm putting it back into my computer so don't hesitate!

What the hell.
I wouldn't take such a card if it were given to me for free.
This isn't 2004 ...who would want to buy a card like this for what I assume is a Pentium 4 system at this time?

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
What the hell.
This isn't 2004 ...who would want to buy a card like this for what I assume is a Pentium 4 system at this time?

Nah it was originally paired with the Mighty Athlon 64. I'm willing to go 5 dollars lower if that would help sway you.

It is one of the fastest cards that is compatible with Windows 98SE.

The fastest I believe is the X800XT PE.

That is about the going price on Ebay.

Last edited:
perfect card for older systems that cannot work with current cards that have more ram than the system can handle...

What the hell.

who pissed in your Cheerios? :p

Consider trading for the 10 miles of pata ide and floppy drive ribbon cables I just tossed in the trash? :)

Good luck with the sale. I have tons of old cards starting from 1995. Would love to sell them all at original list cost as part of the package deal for the bridge I am trying to sell.

But back in the day that 850 was a bad mofo!

One of the biggest issues with the X800 and X850 series cards is that they only support DX9, Shader Model 2.0b. There are still many games even today that can make use of DirectX 9, thanks to how long XP lived for. Unfortunately most of those games won't even work on the X800/X850 series because most require Shader Model 3.0

I remember the day years ago when World of Warcraft began to require Shader Model 3.0. I had an X800XT-PE in my secondary computer and it still worked great but I had to upgrade it at that point.

About the only value it still has is that it's good enough for Hardware Acceleration of the UI via Aero / Desktop Window Manager in Windows.

Back