AMD Athlon64 S939 Workstation Motherboard Suggestions Needed

blase

Gawd
I'd like your input on a motherboard that can hold things over until I can afford to move along to quad/eight core, likely, Intel solution.

I need something that can power a PCI-Express video card - I've got an nvidia 6600GT that's more than enough, not playing games. I need a PCI-X slot for a SCSI RAID card - which is 64bit and 133mhz. I'll probably have to use a PCI soundcard and PCI fireware card, as it's unlikely they'd be onboard solutions for a server/workstation board. I need support for 4 SATA drives. A slew of 4 or so USB ports would be nice. I've got 4x1GB PC3200 sticks of RAM so I'm not really inclined for a DDRII solution.

The rest of the components in the system are "the usual" things. I realize I may have to turn to ebay and buy "NEW" - which isn't a problem. I only need 6 months to a year...but the board I have now just...died...I can't get it to run anything stable so I just have to get up again quick.

I'm sort of leaning to the Asus K8N-LR.

(...and sitting on a rather thin wallet but with my eyes on a P5E WS Workstation board and a Quad 6600...but that's a rather significant change-up for the time being.)

********-Edit:
Hmmm...wish I could send this over onto the motherboard forum's way

Back