AMD Are Telling Porkies - 10.10e Hotfix

Arthur Hucksake

Limp Gawd
Hey folks,

Recently i've had a hard time getting Dead Rising 2 to work with Crossfire, infact the game runs better without Crossfire enabled at all.

I get no splash logo in the top right corner when running the game neither, with or without the latest CAPs installed.

On the download page, under release notes for 10.10e hotfix it states.

AMD Catalyst 10.10e Hotfix includes the following features and enhancements:

The ATI Radeon™ HD 5000 Series GPU’s now support the new AMD Catalyst AI user interface that was previously only available on the AMD Radeon HD 6800 Series GPU’s
The ATI Radeon™ HD 5000 Series GPU’s now support Morphological Anti-Aliasing
Fixed cases where Morphological Anti-Aliasing was not being correctly applied to games (very intermittently)
OpenGL 4.1 beta support
Support for the new Morphological Anti-Aliasing feature

Dead Rising 2 – Crossfire profile (Resolves negative scaling)

So where's my Crossfire profile? Boo hoo!!!

Tried getting it to work with RadeonPro too, no joy. Using other game profiles causes allsorts of graphical corruption.

My biggest quarm and upset, is the following part it mentions.

Hotfix driver:

We’ve also recently posted the AMD Catalyst 10.10e hotfix driver (AMD Radeon™ HD 6800 series users should use this driver; AMD Catalyst 10.12 will add full support for the AMD Radeon HD 6800 series next month):

Note! This hotfix is provided as is and is not supported by AMD. It has not completed full AMD testing and is only a driver update.

So what they are saying is, they offer ZERO support whatsoever for any driver compatiable with the 68xx series cards that have been on the shelves for weeks?

Terrible. Don't care what line of business your in, that is pathetic.

So what they are saying is, they offer ZERO support whatsoever for any driver compatiable with the 68xx series cards that have been on the shelves for weeks?

I'd assume they offer support for the driver that came with the card?

"Terrible. Don't care what line of business your in, that is pathetic."

then you obviously don't know software/hardware businesses. and yes they do offer support but they have to put that line in to cover their asses. its typical business practice that every company including Nvidia does when they release anything in beta form. nothing they can really do about it since WHQL certification takes way to damn long so this is what you get stuck with. but thats also why they have a forum. go ask on there. most of the higher ups in the AMD driver team reply on their forum as well.

then you obviously don't know software/hardware businesses. and yes they do offer support but they have to put that line in to cover their asses. its typical business practice that every company including Nvidia does when they release anything in beta form. nothing they can really do about it since WHQL certification takes way to damn long so this is what you get stuck with. but thats also why they have a forum. go ask on there. most of the higher ups in the AMD driver team reply on their forum as well.

Which forum are we talking about?

The ones linked on the site all talk about their processors, the other forums linked (Game forums) aren't much help.

Oh, and I understand why the line is there. It's fine, but they were the drivers that shipped with these cards. That's what I have a problem with.

You don't ship new cards with beta drivers.

You don't ship new cards with beta drivers.

I think last gen they basically shipped with alpha drivers.

The newer the tech, the more guaranteed you are that whatever drivers came with the card are out of date by the time it reaches your hands, regardless of manuf. You can't be bleeding-edge tech that way and ship with drivers that will never need updates.

Be glad you weren't here last year during the GSOD debacle.

I think last gen they basically shipped with alpha drivers.

The newer the tech, the more guaranteed you are that whatever drivers came with the card are out of date by the time it reaches your hands, regardless of manuf. You can't be bleeding-edge tech that way and ship with drivers that will never need updates.

Be glad you weren't here last year during the GSOD debacle.

Not bleeding edge though, they are rebadged 5850s with a few power and efficiency tweaks from what I can tell so far.

Note to self.

10.10e Hotfix breaks the Crossfire profiles for Dead Rising 2 and Dragon Age.

So I have to reinstall 10.10a to play Dead Rising 2 and gawd knows what drivers for Dragon Age.

Anyone had much luck with 10.10c?

Don't worry...10.12 is going to be HUGE :p

so says CatalystMaker (Terry @ AMD, to be exact.... :p).

We don't know what it means (precisely, that is), but it's hopefully connetating to "awesome."

Anyhow, when nVidia launched their GTX580 card, it took them... 2 weeks? 1 month to officially launch their 263.xx drivers, which only did ONE thing - add GTX580 support to the Forceware 26X branch.

Though the fact that AMD's drivers, which getting better, are still a bit behind nVidia's in terms of game compatibility, makes the delay even more inexcuseable than nVidia doing it, IMO.

lol when is 10.12 coming out? i'm getting sick n tired of the pylon bug in sc2 ;\

Back