AMD Announces The Radeon RX 480 Starting At Just $199

Remember the wafer shipments (which are usually accurate) showed 3 chips giving 2 cuts for P10 and full fat p10.

And on OCing, I'm getting old/too busy/boring? because I love that I didn't have to fuck with my tempo-290x.. it just works. No OC but factory.

But been doing it since pencil modding so, sometimes, like my daily camry shitbox, you just want something that doesn't break. 'Leave window cracked down in a storm accidentally' - IDGAF, there are no electronics outside of the dash to kill.

That said, if I got a new shiny card again... probably would try OC it :D
While we're at those shipments: where are they? The C4/C7/??? shipments, i mean.

Last edited:
amd 290x just took a shit, eyeballing these cards now, catching up on all the hype+drama lol

While we're at those shipments: where are they? The C4/C7/??? shipments, i mean.

Going by data from that full chip, not many... but who knows if they'll all go through same port etc..

Import Data and Price of products under HS Code 84733030 from hong kong at Hyderabad Air Cargo | Zauba

That said only seeing two versions of P10 on other sites from Jan.. so not the three I saw elsewhere. Not sure what is going on..

Import Data and Price of graphics card c98101 | Zauba

Named as Baffin XT for that same SKU...

Throw some more shit on the fire.. GP106 Import Data and Price of gp106 under HS Code 84733 | Zauba

Last edited:
Going by data from that full chip, not many... but who knows if they'll all go through same port etc..

Import Data and Price of products under HS Code 84733030 from hong kong at Hyderabad Air Cargo | Zauba

That said only seeing two versions of P10 on other sites from Jan.. so not the three I saw elsewhere. Not sure what is going on..

Import Data and Price of graphics card c98101 | Zauba

Named as Baffin XT for that same SKU...

Throw some more shit on the fire.. GP106 Import Data and Price of gp106 under HS Code 84733 | Zauba
That's the point, i never saw the shipments that would indicate 3 P10 SKUs.

In fact, Ellesmere board number from 6th of June '16 has board number 102-D009101 from what i see Import Data and Price of Ellesmere | Zauba

That's the point, i never saw the shipments that would indicate 3 P10 SKUs.

In fact, Ellesmere board number from 6th of June '16 has board number 102-D009101 from what i see Import Data and Price of Ellesmere | Zauba

I use these shipping reports to know when to offload cards, they're usually quite accurate.Something is up, maybe disinfo, who knows. Myself and others on here saw reports of 3 chips for what we think is P10.

But the plot thickens. Why is Baffin XT (P11) twice the price of P10 Ellesmere........

Also.. oh snap - If these results are still accurate, we see direct naming of Baffin XT but no Ellesmere XT... that makes me think we have _not_ seen the full CU chip yet.

EpvOC0F.jpg

damn, that's stupidly hot, I just hope to that mean the fan it's running at minimum speed or something like that, that's horrible temp for a fast 3DMark Run, if it's true then don't want to see that card after 30 minutes of gameplay, that just remind me of Kyle's statement, because 3dMark it's actually a "cold" test, none of my card reach anything close to a gaming temperature under 3dMark, just as example my 390X run at ~50C under 3dMark test but on gaming its at 60C - 65C.. that card it's already at 90C under 3dmark. ugh..

damn, that's stupidly hot, I just hope to that mean the fan it's running at minimum speed or something like that, that's horrible temp for a fast 3DMark Run, if it's true then don't want to see that card after 30 minutes of gameplay, that just remind me of Kyle's statement, because 3dMark it's actually a "cold" test, none of my card reach anything close to a gaming temperature under 3dMark, just as example my 390X run at ~50C under 3dMark test but on gaming its at 60C - 65C.. that card it's already at 90C under 3dmark. ugh..
Nah, simply he had legit slapped 290x Lightnings cooler on this thing. With some ghetto modding, so in the end it simply did not cool it anywhere near what it should.

yikes

You do realized this guy had a cooler on it that is not designed to cool this card right? I dont know why he is doing stupid shit like that but something about NDA or something.

You do realized this guy had a cooler on it that is not designed to cool this card right? I dont know why he is doing stupid shit like that but something about NDA or something.

He's trying to obscure any indication of what specific sample it is. I have a feeling there was some dicernable mark or shape on the sample's cooler that would give it away. He probably had an old 290x lying around from which he got the cooler. The cooler likely doesn't fit the 480's PCB and/or it's not secured on well.

if its not secured well, it won't cool at all, you need a good connection for the heat plate to the chip otherwise, its not going to do anything for keeping it cool.

And you are talking about a cooler rated for 275 watts on a 130ish watt card? Its should have the ability to cool this chip down easily.

they ordered the cards they aren't going to get them till around the 20th I think.

if its not secured well, it won't cool at all, you need a good connection for the heat plate to the chip otherwise, its not going to do anything for keeping it cool.

And you are talking about a cooler rated for 275 watts on a 130ish watt card? Its should have the ability to cool this chip down easily.

Perhaps, but also perhaps not. Finfet has much higher power densities so it likely needs an improved design. What might work on a big 28nm chip may not work here.

We've seen this when companies recycle old design, not proper heat pipe contact etc etc and thus average results.

Heat spreader design is going to be critical moving forward to 10nm and beyond.

do we see those types of temps on FinFet CPU's or Pascal? Even if the chip can take that kind of temps once ya get up to 90 + C you don't have much room either for silicon thermal limits, around 115 C you start getting to the lower limits.

Back