AMD announces Ryzen 7000 Zen 4 CPUs

We run at 30Hz, dude.
We run at no hz.

Were quantum .... dude

A computer doesnt look into a mirror, ponder its own existence and then theorize about quantum mechanics and then build a super collider that is 26 KM long to disprove its own hypotheses....

Silicon cant do that

So much for your 30hz

I just took it as both are expensive nowadays, which I get, there are expensive and complicated MoBos now

I'm still throwing a $1k CPU into the best $20 MoBo I can find to fit my needs, so to speak

That's where I'm coming from

How recent was your last NewEgg Nightmare™?
Pre covid but it was a doozie. The order was refunded after some back and forth with a legal team, they never paid the return shipping, so the 2 pallets after a year on our loading dock went to recycling.

Pallets! Dang.

I was just trying figure out if they'd improved their ways since Hardware Jesus visited with them. When I go look at Gamers Nexus channel, seems all the Newegg results are from 5 months ago, so I don't know if anything's changed.

Since I gave my almost 9 year old my 5800x and an rx6600xt for his gaming/fortnite/home schooling rig, in opposite order haha, I think I'll get a 7900x

Right now my main rig, and its still Hella fast is my 6800h and 3070ti laptop. Im so impressed with my Legion 5 pro I may hold off one more generation. I still have a water cooled 6900xt just sitting in a Tupperware bin in mini storage.

will this come with low power desktop version? I dont care about those 100+W cpus
Most higher end AMD processors have had a low power "Eco-mode" toggle in the bios that puts them at 60 or 90 watts. I'm guessing it'll be similar for the 7000 series.

Really interested in seeing more on Zen4 and especially release in store dates for the high end hardware. I have a Zen3 platform basically ready to build here that, if the Zen4 stuff shows up soon, can be relegated to upgrade/rebuild my much needed ancient home server. If they can get particularly the high end items (and ideally without any "we'll release some of the mid-high stuff, or make high end stuff, then in a few months come out with the actual high end stuff we've been sitting on that we didn't tell you about beyond vague gestures" nonsense) into customers' hands and reasonably priced in September especially if Raptor Lake doesn't compare as favorably. when it arrives.

Most higher end AMD processors have had a low power "Eco-mode" toggle in the bios that puts them at 60 or 90 watts. I'm guessing it'll be similar for the 7000 series.
Did AMD fix the io die power consumption in the 5000 series? I know at idle it’s usually around 15 watts on my 3900x

Did AMD fix the io die power consumption in the 5000 series? I know at idle it’s usually around 15 watts on my 3900x
I hope so, otherwise they are going to have a hell of a time meeting the EU and California requirements for idle power consumption in OEM office equipment.

Pallets! Dang.

I was just trying figure out if they'd improved their ways since Hardware Jesus visited with them. When I go look at Gamers Nexus channel, seems all the Newegg results are from 5 months ago, so I don't know if anything's changed.
I would take it as a good sign. People are quicker to trash a retailer when they have a issue vs when they don't have one. The GM piece did a lot of damage to their rep and I am sure they are trying hard to rebuild it.

Back