AMD Announces Ryzen 3000 Pro

The 9900k is like 15% faster in general modeling/rebuild according to the File Open chart. If that was a gaming chart wouldn't we all say it's a clear loser?

And don't get me wrong, I love AMD. It's probably SolidWorks that's the issue, it's been designed for Intel for decades now.

I was just hoping when the 3rd gen Ryzen hit I'd be able to go AH HAH! TIME TO UPGRADE BOSS....and meh. I should have said that when the 9700k/9900k launched. Now I find myself waiting for the next refresh. lolz

I'd also point out to the [H]orde, Puget hamstrings AMD systems. They were called out in the comments not too long ago, and had to update their Ryzen article because they were hamstringing it with 2666 ram, instead of going 3200.

They don't sell AM4 systems...they have conflicted interests there in showing AMD in a good light vs Intel.

Ryzen Pro familly has some security features that are disabled on standard CPU, and even on the APU the ECC is disabled on standard CPU and enabled on the Pros.
Now on non APU non Pro Ryzen, ECC is available but not guaranteed to work.
This is all very weird stuuf. I don't even saw Ryzen Pro sold anywhere. I suppose they are made to be sold directly to big PC manufacturers or assemblers.

Back