AMD Announces Ryzen 3000 CPU Promotion, $25 to $50 Off, Free Xbox Game Pass

Waiting for the 3700x to drop below $200 before I upgrade my 2700x. We're well on the way, tho.

Only 20%, we're a spoiled bunch 😁

Spoiled bunch? He's the one who already owns the fastest-clocked Zen 1 core ever produced.

I'm just saying you should get little more life out of that already fast chip...especially if's not going to more cores.

Plus, if you know what's coming in 4-5 months, why jump on the old part? The new parts will probably be closer to zen+ launch pprices ($299 for the 4700x, $329 for the 4800x), You should have a 40% performancew inhcrease over the 2700x.

Last edited:
Spoiled bunch? He's the one who already owns the fastest-clocked Zen 1 core ever produced.

I'm just saying you should get little more life out of that already fast chip...especially if's not going to more cores.

Plus, if you know what's coming in 4-5 months, why jump on the old part?
well he did say he was waiting for the 3700x to drop below $200. Do we foresee a Zen 3 chip with a $200 price tag that outperforms a 3700x? That's questionable.

well he did say he was waiting for the 3700x to drop below $200. Do we foresee a Zen 3 chip with a $200 price tag that outperforms a 3700x? That's questionable.

Just like every previous Zen chip before it, the prices will drop when the New Hotness is close to release, and will drop even further after the next gen is out.

You can buy a 2700x at Micorcenter for $179. I believe it went lower than that during Black Friday clearance. Yup, it dropped for the $145!

If you can wait another 15 months, Zen 3 will also go on massive sale. And since Zen 3 is the last upgrade opttion for AM4, you should get the most out of that upgrade.

When you're only talking a 20% performance increase (and same number of cores), are you looking to upgrade just for the sake of upgrading?

Last edited:

Plus, if you know what's coming in 4-5 months, why jump on the old part? The new parts will probably be closer to zen+ launch pprices ($299 for the 4700x, $329 for the 4800x), You should have a 40% performancew inhcrease over the 2700x.

I built my current rig with upgrading to the 3700x/3800x in mind, that's why I went with the $145 at the time 2700x. It's a solid chip for sure but I want that extra single core performance!

Exactly. Like I said above, I built my rig with a dirt cheap at the time 2700x to "get me by" until prices dropped and I could get that extra IPC performance that the 3700x/3800x offers.

Just like every previous Zen chip before it, the prices will drop when the New Hotness is close to release, and will drop even further after the next gen is out.

You can buy a 2700x at Micorcenter for $179. I believe it went lower than that during Black Friday clearance. Yup, it dropped for the $145!

If you can wait another 15 months, Zen 3 will also go on massive sale. And since Zen 3 is the last upgrade opttion for AM4, you should get the most out of that upgrade.

When you're only talking a 20% performance increase (and same number of cores), are you looking to upgrade just for the sake of upgrading?

Part for the sake of upgrading, part for the single core performance/IPC increase, part for the lower TDP, and part for the ever so slightly higher core speed. So lots of small reasons I guess :D (y)

3700x is a very smooth running chip and I think people for get that it's 65 watts TDP and what your really buying is power savings .

Back