AMD announces Radeon Pro Vega II Duo, a dual Vega 20 graphics card

Tensor cores don't make a GPU to be a "machine learning card".

You are absolutely correct.
The "real" machine learn cards are Google's TPU's, an ASIC.
Tensor cores are just the best we have on consumer hardware to run neural net code.
This links explains a bit how neural nets work, which in turn makes one understand why tensor cores are much better than traditional GPU compute units to run such code:
https://cloud.google.com/blog/produ...k-at-googles-first-tensor-processing-unit-tpu

tpu-3gpcs.max-1200x1200.png

Hopefully this beast of a card won't fall down due to driver or design issues like the Rage Fury Maxx.

Hopefully this beast of a card won't fall down due to driver or design issues like the Rage Fury Maxx.
A 23 year old card is what you’re going to compare this card with? Completely ignoring that in the past decade ATi/AMD has had numerous dual GPU single PCB releases. Often well received other than crossfire woes.

While it's old, it's a high end monitor from back in 2001, and it's a 4k screen. He does an overview of it and then a full tear down. It's interesting to see what goes into these monitors, as I am not sure I have seen anyone do a real tear down of any new $18k+ monitor.

That screen reminds me of Carmack using a 1080p monitor to work on Quake back in 95.

this was a huge rofl.. 4999$ monitor that doesn't include stand..

Yet its a monitor that competes with 30-40k monitors. Like you were the target audience lol.

Reactions: Auer
like this
Back