cageymaru

Fully [H]
AMD has announced a new Raise the Game bundle of AAA+ video game titles for purchasers of select RX Vega, RX 590, RX 580, and RX 570 graphics cards. AMD RX 580 and RX 570 buyers will have a choice of 2 of the games in the bundle, while consumers who purchase a RX Vega or RX 590 will be eligible to get all 3 games for free. The 3 games in the "Raise the Game" bundle include Tom Clancy's The Division 2, Resident Evil 2, and Devil May Cry 5. Click here to learn why the XFX Radeon RX 590 Fatboy OC+ sat on the EVGA GTX 1060 SSC during the AMD Radeon RX 590 launch review here on Hardocp.

Fend off marauders, survive an apocalypse or teach demons a lesson with AMD Radeon RX Vega, RX 590, RX 580 or RX 570 graphics. Take to the streets of Washington D.C. as the world struggles to recover from a deadly virus outbreak in Tom Clancy's The Division 2 or take a trip back to the terrifying streets of Racoon City in the all-new reimagining of horror-classic Resident Evil 2. Play as Dante, Nero and the mysterious V in Devil May Cry 5. Hack and slash your way through the series' craziest game yet. Get the ultimate gaming experience and performance, only with Radeon RX graphics. Raise the game with Radeon.

I just watched that game play video and is it just me or does it look cheesy as hell as in to not even be afraid or taken seriously?

Id rather get a cheaper card without the bundled sequel-ware.

RE2 looks genuinely good, and DMC has always been a crowd favorite. If you want developers to focus less on sequels, then maybe you should buy more OG titles. Did YOU play Strange Brigade?

RE2 looks genuinely good, and DMC has always been a crowd favorite. If you want developers to focus less on sequels, then maybe you should buy more OG titles. Did YOU play Strange Brigade?

I don't care how games look or how popular a series has been as in my opinion neither of those things have anything to do with a game being good or fun.

I've never heard of Strange Brigade but looking at the Steam page tells me its really not the kind of game I play.
Bad 3rd person, clichéd characters, dumb plot and the cheezy stupid trailers. Also its co-op and the Steam reviews confirm most of my thoughts on it.
Its not for me but I'm sure a lot of people enjoy it.

I have no idea what OG titles are, googling didn't help. :)

All of these are just console games on a PC. Plus I've found that 95% of the time "Full controller support" means its a controller game with bad KBD+Mouse conversion.
I just don't agree with consoles, paid exclusivity and the way their games appeal to the lowest common denominator
as far as gameplay, plot and overall quality are concerned. I'm not trying to go into a whole consoles suck thing so i'll get back on topic.

My point was just that not everyone likes these kinds of games. At least they're new games so they might have some value if you sell them (if thats even allowed).

Id rather get a cheaper card without the bundled sequel-ware.

Incentives are to help move inventory by tempting buyers with a game they would've otherwise bought in the first place, these GPU's are made for gamers after all. Pricing the card $50 lower wouldn't do anything to budge sales.

I will take a Vega cheaper as well but if The Division 2 is on my radar regardless. Now waiting for May (MAYBE) for it to release is kind of strange.

wow these last 2 bundles from AMD are really high quality bundles, AMD stepped up their game seriously.

AMD needs to get rid of a backed up product pipeline for the new cards. Nvidia may follow suit.

Yes! This is exactly what I needed. Purchased the Asrock Vega 56, upgrading from a EVGA SSC 1060. Will probably ebay the 1060 for like 200, and sell each code for 50 bucks if I can, makes the Vega 56 “free”

Purchased a 144hz Freesync monitor last week so this is all coming together nicely.

I don't think i have ever seen a bundle game i would ever go for, but i am also pretty special in that i find it easy to dislike current games.
Even the run and gun games i like that seem to have become a little popular again, cuz now they added to the simplicity of those to a level where i am turned off.

I don't think i have ever seen a bundle game i would ever go for, but i am also pretty special in that i find it easy to dislike current games.
Even the run and gun games i like that seem to have become a little popular again, cuz now they added to the simplicity of those to a level where i am turned off.

Yeah, Resident Evil bores me with the mass onrush of "Zombie shooters with a story"

I played The Division over a free weekend, and that game is even worse. I find the very concept of Cover-based third -person shooters incredibly annoying.

And although I'd probably enjooy Devil MA Cry the most of the three, I've never been particularly good at fighting games, so they're not my idea of single-player enjoyment. So I'd get maybe ten dollars value out of that game bundle.

Last edited:
Incentives are to help move inventory by tempting buyers with a game they would've otherwise bought in the first place, these GPU's are made for gamers after all. Pricing the card $50 lower wouldn't do anything to budge sales.
At 280$ this card is too expensive if you don't care about the games. At 230$ it would be the perf/$ champ. Right now you can buy a 580 and save a lot of money or you could add a few $ and get a 1070 for much better performance.

At 280$ this card is too expensive if you don't care about the games. At 230$ it would be the perf/$ champ. Right now you can buy a 580 and save a lot of money or you could add a few $ and get a 1070 for much better performance.

To be fair, the $50 number I pulled out of my ass, I am sure AMD doesn't pay full retail price for these game bundles, if anything it's closer to $30.

Back