AMD Announce Vega Frontier Edition

You think way too much. You are like making things up in your head. You fail to realize it wasn't a gaming event right? Have they ever launched gaming cards at analyst day recently? I can't think of any, computex is two weeks away and AMD is doing another event there. I don't know what part of that is so hard to understand. They will likely be launching threadripper and Vega gaming the same time for enthusiasts. Afterall they launched polaris there and that's a tech event not analyst day! Like I said you are over thinking this.

Some people have a hard time filtering which message AMD is sending on what front. You are right that the message on Computex should have far more interesting information regarding the products , while on the event that just happened those things are rather trivial to the financial crowd.

Reactions: N4CR
like this
Some people have a hard time filtering which message AMD is sending on what front. You are right that the message on Computex should have far more interesting information regarding the products , while on the event that just happened those things are rather trivial to the financial crowd.
I would think many in that financial crowd game. Or have kids who game.

Considering AMD just held a Financial Analyst Day to keep investors happy, one would think AMD would want to reassure investors about Vega on the consumer side. The way their statements are aligning, starting to sound as if AMD is gonna push consumer Vega into Q3.

Btw, AMD has posted their presentations from the webcast, and roadmaps.
I got the impression cards will be out Late June (from the presentation page 33).

It's not like most Financial Analysts understand Deep Learning either. It's all just numbers for the spreadsheet.

Analysts know NVidia owns the GPU Gaming market and increasing the Deep Learning GPU market as well.

I didn't see anything from yesterday that shows AMD is really going to make much headway in either.

Nope. They are just driving numbers, hence they showed the most expensive cards in the lineup for prosumers. The one in >1000 bucket. That's all that matters when it comes to numbers.

I got the impression cards will be out Late June (from the presentation page 33).

The people saying Q3 aren't entirely wrong. Financially, July 1st is the start of Q3 so the revenue from Vega will be booked in Q3. Releasing half way through June isn't going to change that much.

Back