AMD and Batman: Arkham Knight

ManofGod

[H]F Junkie
Ok, good afternoon and I have a question for you guys. On my R7 3700x with Vega 56 and R7 3700X with Vega 64, both systems run Batman: Arkham Knight without issues. (They have the latest version of Windows 10 2004 installed with 20.4.2 drivers.) Now, I had to redo my R5 3600 with RX 5700 system from scratch because the latest 2004 build caused an issue on that. (No biggie, just saying it so that it is clear that I am on 1909 build, instead.)

What happens is sometimes, the game with super stutter unless I exit out of the game and go back into it. A couple of times, the game crashed as well and once, rebooted the system. Yes, it could be a driver issue but, I figured I would reach out here, regardless and ask. (It is running on a 27inch 1440p 144hz Freesync monitor.) Now, just saying, I do have a display port cable issue because, if I move the end of the cable that is plugged into the card, no matter the port, the screen will go black until I unplug and replug the cable back in.

Any ideas? Perhaps I should remove and reinstall the driver or maybe try installed 2004 again? Also, I do have Corsair iCue installed on all 3 computers. I have not overclocked anything, although I do have the 5700XT bios flashed to the 5700 card but, I have had that since last September and had no issues prior to this. However, I also have not played BM: AK on this computer before the last couple of days, either.

Edit: Oh, and I did play through many hours of Red Dead Redemption 2 without a problem but, that was before I redid the system from scratch. I have installed the latest chipset drivers, as well.

Had this once or twice after alt tabbing NMS.
Check utilisation, you'll see it's low. Ensuring game is focus or changing window modes etc might be a place to look. Also background apps, use process explorer to see what's going on etc.

Also tried another PSU?

Had this once or twice after alt tabbing NMS.
Check utilisation, you'll see it's low. Ensuring game is focus or changing window modes etc might be a place to look. Also background apps, use process explorer to see what's going on etc.

Thanks. Yeah, it is a really strange problem which I am guessing is game specific. Do you think trying to update to 2004 might help? Oh, and I just remembered to disable XBox Game Mode as well. :)

Check to make sure it's not trying to auto-record in the background or something, i've had some issues with CCC (or w/e it's called now) doing some odd stuff. I ended up just installing drivers and not the full AMD UI/tools and my stuttering went away, although that was a much older GPU.

Thanks. Yeah, it is a really strange problem which I am guessing is game specific. Do you think trying to update to 2004 might help? Oh, and I just remembered to disable XBox Game Mode as well. :)
I would be trying upgrade and downgrade at this point. No one else with the issues? I can't test it because EGS deleted my Batman freebies for some reason..

How much ram do you have in you system... I remember playing this around launch and it had a weird memory bug that would make the game hover around 12gb or so. Honestly not sure if fixed as I haven't played in a long while though.

Back