AMD AM4 X470 Motherboards

most of our guesses from other threads is that there won't be any huge changes except that we think they'll change from pcie 2.0 PCH lanes to pcie 3.0 PCH lanes like intel is using to further close the parity gap.

So, as far as I can tell, CES 2018 offered nothing new for the desktop that we didn't already know about or did I miss something? AMD's X470 chipset and motherboard was barely mentioned and we learned nothing much new about it. So, now I wonder if we will have to wait for the X570 chipset and motherboard to get PCIe 4.0 and maybe other new features? I've read different news - PCIe 4.0 will not come until 2020 and that it'll come in the 2nd half of 2018 ???

CES 2018 – Gigabyte Shows off the First AMD X470 Motherboard
http://www.legitreviews.com/ces-2018-gigabyte-shows-off-first-amd-x470-motherboard_201751

First X470 Motherboard in the Wild: Gigabyte Gaming 7 WiFi X470 | CES 2018
https://www.gamersnexus.net/news-pc/3196-first-amd-x470-motherboard-gigabyte-gaming-7-wifi-specs

First AMD X470 Motherboard at CES: Gigabyte Gaming 7 WiFi

PCI Express 4.0

i doubt we'll see pcie 4.0 until 2020 for consumers.. maybe we'll see it in some ultra high end server setups in 2019 but we're not even close to bottlenecking pcie 3.0. it's not worth the expense yet to support it.

Watch the video ... the NVMe SSD's and so much more all SHARE the PCIe bandwidth so, we have pretty much hit the limit until PCIe 4.0 is available. That has nothing to do with when it will come out tho could be 2020.

Dont think they did much changes with the new 470 chipset. Thet only change I would like to see if the OC-Formula available this time for AM4 motherboards.

What I was hoping is that memory compatibility is extended to Hynix chips. This is the promise of X4xx chipsets and could conceivably bring down memory prices as the new capacity going online around the world enters the market. Memory fab capacity has been ramping up in the last year.

True, hopefully they will work on the memory side of things, took a while to get them working properly even with decent memory sticks.

Ahh, just now realized that as if AMD's naming scheme wasn't juvenile enough by taking Intel's, AMD is naming it's new 490 chipset not the X490 but rather Z490 again - just like Intel. I despise AMD for that. It's as if a 7 year old did AMD's new naming scheme.

Intel Z390 and AMD Z490 chipsets coming, will be CONFUSING

I would say only confusing to people that are not familiar with computer parts and of course illiterate. Maybe there only 3 letters in front of Z490 might be a hint good enough for most.

But this is what gets you upset?

Ironic how those refusing to read the link already provided have no idea why their comments come off insulting - because you have no idea what this is about. A cursory check would done a lot for you instead of just being an ass.

AMD trolling Intel with the names

Back