AMD AM2 5000+ - Newegg Availability Question

enzio

Weaksauce
Currently, there are no AMD AM2 5000+ processors on newegg. Do you think they will be available once the price cuts on the 24th arrive? Also, I haven't found many other websites that sell this processor, will this change at all after the pricecuts?

And a second question, will most websites adopt the price cuts the first day, or will I have to wait a few days before I see them?

enzio said:
Currently, there are no AMD AM2 5000+ processors on newegg. Do you think they will be available once the price cuts on the 24th arrive? Also, I haven't found many other websites that sell this processor, will this change at all after the pricecuts?

And a second question, will most websites adopt the price cuts the first day, or will I have to wait a few days before I see them?
Now you are aware that a Core 2 Duo E6400 is faster/cheaper right?

Going AM2 you'll need new DDR-II memory and a new AM2 motherboard? Why not go for the best value for your money? Which is Core 2 Duo?

Even the E6400 is better? Wow, hadn't seen any benchmarks of it yet.

ElMoIsEviL said:
Now you are aware that a Core 2 Duo E6400 is faster/cheaper right?

Going AM2 you'll need new DDR-II memory and a new AM2 motherboard? Why not go for the best value for your money? Which is Core 2 Duo?
yeah, but i'm not interested in the conroe until they have some good tested sli motherboards for my 2 7900gt video cards...And beside amd processors have been good to me for so many years, not ready to jump ship yet...lol

Alexzander said:
yeah, but i'm not interested in the conroe until they have some good tested sli motherboards for my 2 7900gt video cards...And beside amd processors have been good to me for so many years, not ready to jump ship yet...lol
Does it really matter who manufacturer's your CPU? I know some people hold allegiances. I don't.

And FX60 is faster then an Athlon64 X2 5000+, a Core 2 Duo E6400 is faster then an Athlon64 FX-60.

Then there's the overclocking factor. Most A64's max out at 2.8GHz (if lucky). Core 2 Duo's overclock well above 3GHz and are more efficient per GHz. So a Core 2 Duo E6400 is astronomically better.

It produces less heat, overlocks better, costs less, performs better and for those who care consumes less power.

I honestly, do not see why someone essentially buying a new rig, would opt for an AMD processor.

newegg had the am2 5000+ in stock last week...they were selling it for $799 the first day I saw it in stock...then the next day it went up to $809...then later in the day went up to $819. I would feel pretty stupid paying that much for a processor that will cost around $300 next week.

although I wonder if newegg has any sort of price change policy (prince changes within 30 days, they refund you the difference, etc)..if that is the case, then whoever bought that was smart. hehe.

got haggis? said:
newegg had the am2 5000+ in stock last week...they were selling it for $799 the first day I saw it in stock...then the next day it went up to $809...then later in the day went up to $819. I would feel pretty stupid paying that much for a processor that will cost around $300 next week.
Whose is buying any processors now? The AM2 5000 x2 only looks real good after the price cuts...lol

ElMoIsEviL said:
I honestly, do not see why someone essentially buying a new rig, would opt for an AMD processor.

Because maybe they want it before Conroe and its motherboards become widely available?

I mean do you really think you will be able to get a MB/Ram/CPU for Conroe befor September and NOT pay a premium? Have you seen what the Asus boards are going for? At least 2 times as much as they should.

Tae said:
Because maybe they want it before Conroe and its motherboards become widely available?

I mean do you really think you will be able to get a MB/Ram/CPU for Conroe befor September and NOT pay a premium? Have you seen what the Asus boards are going for? At least 2 times as much as they should.

Asus P5W-DH Deluxe I paid $268CDN for it. A similar AM2 board from Asus using the new nVIDIA NF590SLI chipset is $257CDN.

And the AMD CPU price cuts don't take effect until next week anyways. Also I didn't pay a premium on my Core 2 Extreme and the place I get my stuff all Core 2 Duo's are not sold at a premium.

ElMoIsEviL said:
Asus P5W-DH Deluxe I paid $268CDN for it. A similar AM2 board from Asus using the new nVIDIA NF590SLI chipset is $257CDN.

And the AMD CPU price cuts don't take effect until next week anyways. Also I didn't pay a premium on my Core 2 Extreme and the place I get my stuff all Core 2 Duo's are not sold at a premium.

Sounds like you have a great place to purchase from, I certainly don't I Guess.

P5W-DH Deluxe $270 at Newegg that is out of stock anyway

AM2 comparable product at Newegg $209

An AM2 SLI board that has no Conroe counterpart yet at $145

Back