AMD AGESA 1.2.0.1 BIOS Firmware Tested

I wonder if there are any fixes for usb 3 issues on x5xx mobos yet? Was wanting to upgrade from b450 for pcie 4 but worried about vr latency issues.

So, looks like it does absolutely nothing for 3000 series users?
Or did the cache bug affect us as well and I was just completely unaware of it?

Still waiting on Asus to post the update for the Crosshair X570. MSI now officially has it on their site.

msibios.PNG

Nothing from Gigabyte yet on the B550i board. I'll give it a shot when it's released. ASRock just released the 1.2.0.0 for my other B550 board. Not holding my breath for a quick release of the 1.2.0.1 on that one.

I flashed to it Sunday = MSI B550 Mortar / 5600x.. I have noticed better start up's and getting desktop loaded up .. my USB issues was fixed switching from Razor keyboard to Logitech .

The Asus X570 TUF Plus board I have has a beta that I installed, the GB B550i board I have has a beta that I installed. Both of them work fine.

I wonder if there are any fixes for usb 3 issues on x5xx mobos yet? Was wanting to upgrade from b450 for pcie 4 but worried about vr latency issues.
That's for my MB. I am not sure that this fix is for the same problem, but probably it is.

1616881533211.png

Has anyone had issues with their system clock not keeping the correct time in Windows 10?

seem to run fine on my tuf b550 plus.
I did have to use bios flashback feature to install it.
no time issues for me.

Newest ASUS Dark Hero bios update with the USB fix seems to be working. I didn't have constant USB drops but would only occassionally lose my HD60s+ where I'd just have to re-plug it in and it'd be fine again (something like once every 3 weeks)

I updated the new bios on my MSI 570 Unify, and I am now finally able to run my memory at XMP speed!!! 3800mhz CL14 ftw

I haven't gotten to that latest patch yet but on my X570 godlike, as versions have changed XMP has become unstable. It was working on the launch bios :/

got 3 whole days of stability, woke up to a hard lock this morning with XMP on.

I just updated to this on my MSI X570 MEG ACE board.... ALL of my "random" issues I was chasing around over the weekend and this week have completely gone away! :) L3 cache performance is like 3 times what it was on the "stock" bios that came with the board and overclocks are solid now.

Man what a difference a bios update can make...

1618492979882.png

must be nice, xmp is still broke here even with latest agesa

I finally saved for a Ryzen 5 3600, a Gigabyte A520 Aorus elite, and two 8 gig sticks of 3200 MHz G.skill memory.
I did upgrade my bios to the newest one which apparently included "Update AMD AGESA ComboV2 1.2.0.1 PatchA", and I am running the XMP profile. I also use some USB3 devices and nothing bad seems to happen.

I've been out of the loop for 4 years at least, so is there anything I should measure performance-wise?
Does anyone need a benchmark of something ran for comparison?

Is there still motherboard stock at retailers with the bad bios that causes the USB drop outs?

Is there still motherboard stock at retailers with the bad bios that causes the USB drop outs?
Yes. When I got mine a few weeks ago, I still had a BIOS from January (which was 1.2.0.0 I think)... I had to update my bios, but for me, a new build, that's the first thing you do anyway, just good practice.

Okay I've just noticed the USB issue.
I disconnected a microcontroller board and USB went away for 10 seconds, all ports. Ports seem to have been powered, though, because my USB powered devices did not cut out.

Mobo is Gigabyte Aorus A520 elite, currently running BIOS v F13g which includes "AMD AGESA ComboV2 1.2.0.1 PatchA".
There's a new BIOS, version F13h, "Update AMD AGESA ComboV2 1.2.0.2" and once again it claims "Fix USB 2.0 devices stability and compatibility" (just like almost all previous releases).

I won't be upgrading right now as I'm playing around with undervolting and want to keep it consistent.

This is about AMD bios issues, so I thought I'd throw it in here.

Guys, what are your observations when measuring the actual voltage provided via USB?

Asking because I'm seeing around 4.75 V when it's powering a small load (microcontroller equipped with its own bus voltage meter, consuming 1-2 Watts).
By comparison, I get 4.95 when the device is powered via power bank.

I don't think it's a power saving thing, because the microcontroller has trouble cold starting and reboots a few times. USB3 ports, too.
Just a heads up to people who might find this interesting considering the USB issues.

This is about AMD bios issues, so I thought I'd throw it in here.

Guys, what are your observations when measuring the actual voltage provided via USB?

Asking because I'm seeing around 4.75 V when it's powering a small load (microcontroller equipped with its own bus voltage meter, consuming 1-2 Watts).
By comparison, I get 4.95 when the device is powered via power bank.

I don't think it's a power saving thing, because the microcontroller has trouble cold starting and reboots a few times. USB3 ports, too.
Just a heads up to people who might find this interesting considering the USB issues.

I don't think AGESA has anything to do with that. You may be better off posting in the motherboard section with your specific board make/model as that would most likely have more to do with USB voltage performance.

Back