AMD A4 1.0Ghz Dual Core CPU is a disaster!

blackwinterday

Limp Gawd
Stupid me got a new notebook which has a cpu which should have been in a mobile phone! How the hell this cpu is expected to operate Windows 8?! It is absolutely crawling even surfing on the internet. Does anyone have the same crap here? Let's say i am watching a youtube video and open another browser tab to check something. Everything moves in slow motion and when the page is loading youtube video stops! Damn, this thing is slow! Don't throw a penny on this shit!

Upgrade it or get a faster system. Most notebooks not using an ulv part are still socketed.

First verify the laptop has a socket and what cpu you can put in it you can do so by going to the laptop manufacture website and looking at the base model that you can customize then looking what processor options you have.

With an A4 in it you can pick up an A6 or A8 maybe if your really lucky an A10 could go in but likely an a6 or a8.

But the A4 your sitting with a 50-50 chance they did not use a FM2 socket my e350 is a mounted cpu so my upgrade potential was replace the laptop or increase the ram and hard drive.

lol, I thought you were referring to Brazos, then I noticed it's an A4 (Temash). Temash has absolutely abysmal single threaded performance at 1GHz, as you've found out.

Atom chips have a rep for being slow, but current Atoms (Z3000 series) decimate the A4-12x0 models in CPU performance, often by 2-3x. The 1GHz Temash is competitive with the older Cedar Trail and lower-speed Clover Trail Atoms (both based on the older in-order execution Atom core) in CPU performance, and that's pretty sad for a processor released in 2013.

With an A4 in it you can pick up an A6 or A8 maybe if your really lucky an A10 could go in but likely an a6 or a8.
It's a Temash chip, which comes in BGA form (FT3), so it's soldered to the laptop's motherboard.

It's a Temash chip, which comes in BGA form (FT3), so it's soldered to the laptop's motherboard.
Yep that is what my issue with my e-350 laptop so much slower than the ivy bridge laptop i just got even though it only has a celeron 1005m i could put a i5 3230m in it. Now i just need to get one.

Back