AMD A12-9800 AM4 (Desktop) Benchmarks

Yes, it's Carrizo with tweaks...nobody was arguing that fact. Who gives a shit about justification, AMD can call it what they want. WTF is wrong with your ability to comprehend? Are you mad because at it's core its a tweaked Carrizo? Is that all?

Article:
He was arguing that fact which is the point. Reading is fundamental. You should try it sometime. I'm not mad, why would I be?

AMD A12-9800 Clocks & Throttling In Forza 6, Battlefield 1 & Project CARS:

Hey Brian,
does the Asus A320M-C have any issues with the memory set to 2400?
In one of your vids it showed it as 2133 rather than 2400.
Myself and Pendragon are discussing possibility of whether the AM4 motherboard is possibly being used by some system builders with a Ryzen CPU sample, comes down to whether a motherboard supports 2400 as this is what all the tests have shown so far.
In theory the motherboard is compatible with Ryzen albeit we think would have certain unusual behaviour (even possibly with firmware/microcode), but this is something we have seen in some of the Ryzen test results.
Thanks

Last edited:
So will AMD also release Bristol Ridge APU for retail in the same time with Raisin?

Hey Brian,
does the Asus A320M-C have any issues with the memory set to 2400?
In one of your vids it showed it as 2133 rather than 2400.
Myself and Pendragon are discussing possibility of whether the AM4 motherboard is possibly being used by some system builders with a Ryzen CPU sample, comes down to whether a motherboard supports 2400 as this is what all the tests have shown so far.
In theory the motherboard is compatible with Ryzen albeit we think would have certain unusual behaviour (even possibly with firmware/microcode), but this is something we have seen in some of the Ryzen test results.
Thanks

the one (or 2) video you saw it using 2133 was when i forgot to set it to 2400 ;) it has absolutely no issues running at 2400. the mainboard was a sku exclusive for csl-computer but will go retail in the coming weeks with ryzen support an updated bios

So will AMD also release Bristol Ridge APU for retail in the same time with Raisin?

if they are stupid yes. but i dont think so. they dont want to distract from Ryzen and mainboard makers first have to produce enough boards for the cheap AMD skus that should sell in masses. maybe some weeks later when enough mainboards are avaiable.

Same unit from post #43 but refurbished is 399 USD on newegg, I think I have seen one system result in passmark and the HDD used is a WD10EZEX which is not bad as this model tops a bit over 200 MB/s read write speeds https://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod..._re=Pavilion_510-p127c-_-83-286-003-_-Product The Willow mobo has a blocked display port output, after shape I would say it would be VGA. No Display Port output on the mobo but the additional card, a Radeon R7 450 has one, just in case people want to invest in a FreeSync monitor. Radeon R7 450 is a reworked HD7750 with the same number of CUs, 512, ( which incidentally is the same as the A12-9800 as well, with the potential to double the graphics performance if the scaling would be perfect),TechPowerUp says the relative performance is close to a GTX 465 which is very good actually. https://www.techpowerup.com/gpudb/2890/radeon-r7-450-oem

He was arguing that fact which is the point. Reading is fundamental. You should try it sometime. I'm not mad, why would I be?

LOL just came back to this thread. You can't even keep your own points consistent yet tell me reading is fundamental. Priceless! :LOL:

Contact AMD if you want further clarification between Carrizo and Bristol Ridge as you still seem confused. You want to know the main difference, you can't find the fastest Bristol Ridge anywhere.

I own 3 different devices with AMD APU's. They are hard to beat in a sub 400 junker laptop with additional memory and a SSD. I think a Ryzen/Vega based APU will be a compelling product in dirt cheap portables.

LOL just came back to this thread. You can't even keep your own points consistent yet tell me reading is fundamental. Priceless! :LOL:

Contact AMD if you want further clarification between Carrizo and Bristol Ridge as you still seem confused. You want to know the main difference, you can't find the fastest Bristol Ridge anywhere.

Um OK. We talked about this over a month ago and it took you THIS long to come up with this non-cogent thought process? Here is some advice that I think you should have. Typically when someone wants to triumph during a discussion (or hell in anything in life) the reaction should happen DURING the discussion, during the event, or close enough to the epoch so that what you are doing matters. That way your intentions have some sort of meaning or worth. Basically, if it took you this long to come up with whatever you think you are doing then it is probably not all that relevant today or in your case at all. More concisely what I'm trying to tell you if it wasn't apparent already is that ( for the sake of time management ) I'm going to file this under WGAF. It's better that way for all of us and saves us all from having to respond to your latent mental "capabilities" or whatever is happening to your ID. No need to thank me as I have stuff to do and I don't feel like waiting for a response but you're welcome. ;)

Um OK. We talked about this over a month ago and it took you THIS long to come up with this non-cogent thought process? Here is some advice that I think you should have. Typically when someone wants to triumph during a discussion (or hell in anything in life) the reaction should happen DURING the discussion, during the event, or close enough to the epoch so that what you are doing matters. That way your intentions have some sort of meaning or worth. Basically, if it took you this long to come up with whatever you think you are doing then it is probably not all that relevant today or in your case at all. More concisely what I'm trying to tell you if it wasn't apparent already is that ( for the sake of time management ) I'm going to file this under WGAF. It's better that way for all of us and saves us all from having to respond to your latent mental "capabilities" or whatever is happening to your ID. No need to thank me as I have stuff to do and I don't feel like waiting for a response but you're welcome. ;)

LOl I thought this thread was dead when somebody posted an update (see just before my last post) so I clicked to read the thread and and behold I found your smart ass reply to my comment. Go back and re-read the posts about this ridiculous argument. He was arguing that Bristol Ridge was MORE than Carrizo with tweaks FFS. Carizzo is Bristol Ridge or isn't I don't give a fuck but apparently you saying "you don't care" a couple times and continue arguing with me is laughable. Quit talking about my mental capabilities when yours is in need of some fine tuning. Why don't you stop throwing out fucking insults with each reply if you don't GAF. What are you 12?

LOl I thought this thread was dead when somebody posted an update (see just before my last post) so I clicked to read the thread and and behold I found your smart ass reply to my comment. Go back and re-read the posts about this ridiculous argument. He was arguing that Bristol Ridge was MORE than Carrizo with tweaks FFS. Carizzo is Bristol Ridge or isn't I don't give a fuck but apparently you saying "you don't care" a couple times and continue arguing with me is laughable. Quit talking about my mental capabilities when yours is in need of some fine tuning. Why don't you stop throwing out fucking insults with each reply if you don't GAF. What are you 12?

Actually if you read back you denied any tweaks that it was just a rebrand for the new mobile chipset and his point was that it contained uncore (meaning not the CPU cores) from Zen including the memory controller (basically the SoC stuff). I don't know if he is right. But you were wrong. It isn't a copy paste of Carrizo. It has tweaks. Therefore not the same.

Actually if you read back you denied any tweaks that it was just a rebrand for the new mobile chipset and his point was that it contained uncore (meaning not the CPU cores) from Zen including the memory controller (basically the SoC stuff). I don't know if he is right. But you were wrong. It isn't a copy paste of Carrizo. It has tweaks. Therefore not the same.

You mean my first post where I said basically yes with higher clocks and ddr4? An then I explained myself in the next post saying it was Carrizo with tweaks? When did I EVER say it was a copy and paste of Carrizo? :cool:

So in other words nobody is reading all the posts in the thread and were all confusing each other?

You mean my first post where I said basically yes with higher clocks and ddr4? An then I explained myself in the next post saying it was Carrizo with tweaks? When did I EVER say it was a copy and paste of Carrizo? :cool:

So in other words nobody is reading all the posts in the thread and were all confusing each other?
No you wnet back and forth a couple times and settled on tweaked and you were one of two challengers. But that was the point originally both you and Shintia called it just a rebrand and socket change. If it is tweaked then it's more isn't it? It's more semantics on my part anyways but the debate started because one person claimed Bristol Ridge - Improvements from Uncore updates and another Bristol Ridge = Carrizo rebranded. You never stated that you were wrong and that it did include some tweaks (unless you are just counting clock speeds) but continued to debate that it was the same later while using "tweaks" while not implying changes. So it's one or the other changes (tweaks) or rebrand (identical).

I'll take the safe ground and say there isn't nearly enough changes for it to be a new "APU gen" and that at best it's a Carrizo refresh like Devil's Canyon.

No you wnet back and forth a couple times and settled on tweaked and you were one of two challengers. But that was the point originally both you and Shintia called it just a rebrand and socket change. If it is tweaked then it's more isn't it? It's more semantics on my part anyways but the debate started because one person claimed Bristol Ridge - Improvements from Uncore updates and another Bristol Ridge = Carrizo rebranded. You never stated that you were wrong and that it did include some tweaks (unless you are just counting clock speeds) but continued to debate that it was the same later while using "tweaks" while not implying changes. So it's one or the other changes (tweaks) or rebrand (identical).

I'll take the safe ground and say there isn't nearly enough changes for it to be a new "APU gen" and that at best it's a Carrizo refresh like Devil's Canyon.

FFS I just quoted myself yet you insist I went back and forth...My second post said it had tweaks expanding on my first post. I even provided a fucking link in a subsequent post. I never said it was a cut and paste or waffled on anything. Carizzo with tweaks is about as generic as it gets."The same with tweaks while not implying changes"....um OK? You sir are telling me things I never stated. Go read post #34 and quit the bullshit accusations. I wasn't responded to you to begin with so what's with the butthurt?

Who would get this rehashed chip in a desktop when it offer no real advantages over the Godvari APUs? The DDR3 in an a88x chipset can be overclocked to BR ddr4 levels easily. Also, mb selection sucks up to this point for am4.

Raven Ridge looks very promising with 4 zen cores and Vega together. Rumor has it that it will not ship until 2018 though.

Investing in a DDR3 platform with no upgrade path to more modern processors seems a bad idea. Once the Bristol Ridge isn't fast enough any more, it can easily be swapped for a faster model, without having to change mobo and RAM.

I also expect that in the future, installing additional DDR3 memory will become more expensive compared to DDR4.

My recommendation to people who are in the market for an office/HTPC/light gaming build is to get an Intel G4560 or buy (if you can)/wait for Bristol Ridge.

These are pretty cool for budget builds for sure. I cant wait till we start seeing Zen Core versions of these. Any info yet to go on?

Raven Ridge APU won't be coming to socket AM4 until 2018 by the AMD roadmap. It will be 4 core 8 thread and 2 core 4 thread with cut down Vega core. First they come out in ball grid array and then land grid array, then socket AM4 in 2018. These are mainstream embedded markets that they want to serve first

Doom with DDR4-2400@2614Mhz and fast timings. Now, this is a pretty impressive APU performance there:

Back