AMD 7nm Wafer Production Set To Double In 2H 2020, 7nm Capacity At TSMC Currently Fully Booked

Mega6

2[H]4U
Last edited:
If the 7nm APUs are good I expect they will need to more than double the capacity. APUs are the largest PC CPU market and so far AMD has not really challenged Intel at all at the higher end APUs.

Give me a 6 core Zen 2 based APU with decent graphics capability and I'll bite for average family computer upgrades.

"hopefully" say goodbye to the markups on the high end as well.

We should know a lot more about Renoir and other new developments shortly - straight from Lisa Su herself.

"AMD (NASDAQ: AMD) today announced that it will hold a press conference as a part of the official CES 2020 Media Days, and hosted by AMD President and CEO Dr. Lisa Su. The event is scheduled for Monday, Jan. 6 at 2:00 p.m. PST at the Mandalay Bay."

I can't wait until 48 core CPUs become reasonably priced. It's going to be HUGE for compile times.

Can you not read genius that this is from the start of 2020 (when the 3950x was still hard to find, and they were about to launch the 3990X!)

https://hexus.net/tech/news/cpu/136496-amd-sets-release-date-ryzen-9-3950x-3rd-gen-threadripper/

One year later, and things are now different for AMD allocations, bvut that doesbn't m,en you bump this dead thread, genius!

Last edited:
Back