AMD 7750 Eyfinity 6 card NVIDIA rquivalent

Couldn't you run 6 displays off any card with two DisplayPort 1.2 ports? Plug in a couple MST hubs...

Not in surround. Only Eyefinity supports more than 3 monitors (up to 6).

Not in surround. Only Eyefinity supports more than 3 monitors (up to 6).
The OP doesn't mention weather or not Surround is a requirement...

That aside, Quadro cards support more than 6+ monitors in Surround.

But the regular Nvidia cards (Kepler and later) are limited to four:

surround + accessory display.

He asked for the equivalent of an Eyefinity 6 card.

Do you have a source for a quadro card offering such surround support? I haven't heard of that and my google-fu isn't finding it either.

Thank you everyone for taking the time debating this,

Ive looked into buying two mst hubs and found that at that price it would be easier to just go with AMD for my graphics needs.

I dont need surround or anything, i want to simply extend desktop (lots and lots of desktop:D).
Now that i think about it i think that i should have mentioned that i am running linux (ubuntu 12.04).

I started this thread because i wanted to find an nvidia alternative to a radeon 390 + 7750 eyefinity 6 combo.

The Quadro NVS cards can output up to 4 monitors each.

They also have a feature called mosaic that lets you group all of the displays, even connected to multiple cards, together similar to how surround or eyefinity works.

But the regular Nvidia cards (Kepler and later) are limited to four:

surround + accessory display.
Ok... who said we were limited to discussing consumer-oriented cards? OP makes no distinction.

Do you have a source for a quadro card offering such surround support? I haven't heard of that and my google-fu isn't finding it either.
Not that it matters, because the OP responded saying he doesn't need Surround/Eyefinity, just 6 monitors... but... you're probably having trouble finding it because it's refereed to as "Mosiac Mode" on Quadro cards, not Surround.

Mosaic mode allows combining multiple monitors intro a single large display, is not limited to 4 monitors, is only available on Quadro cards, and actually predates AMD Eyefinity by a couple years.

Surround on GeForce cards is simply watered-down Mosaic Mode from their Quadro line.

Mosaic mode allows combining multiple monitors intro a single large display, is not limited to 4 monitors, is only available on Quadro cards, and actually predates AMD Eyefinity by a couple years.

Surround on GeForce cards is simply watered-down Mosaic Mode from their Quadro line.

So, if I read it right it would need multiple cards to do 6 way?

Oh yeah... I remember when nvidia removed NView from regular Geforce drivers and kept it only in the quadro drivers... That was a really rotten thing to do, and purely artificial.

Only AMD supports 6 screens per card.

Oh yeah... I remember when nvidia removed NView from regular Geforce drivers and kept it only in the quadro drivers... That was a really rotten thing to do, and purely artificial.

It was done to make the Quadro series look more "professional".

You know it's sad when you buy a Titan and can't even use nView without going through hoops and hurdles despite it being a Tesla Jr... and it still can't even do Mosaic.

Can't expect anything less from a company that can't even do PLP correctly.

Incorrect, Nvidia cards can support 6 displays off a single card with the addition of a DisplayPort MST hub.

This review of an MST hub with Kepler sdays otherwise:

http://www.eteknix.com/club3d-sensevision-multi-stream-transport-displayport-hub-review/4/

On most modern Nvidia graphics card you will already have four display outputs, like the GTX 770/GTX 680,which can already run the 3+1 display maximum that latest Nvidia consumer GPUs support. Adding the MST hub allows you to run three of those displays from the single DisplayPort leaving other ports free but you can still only run another single display from those other ports.

I don't know if it's a driver limit of some weird hardware limit, but Kepler can't exceed 4 displays per-card.

It's not hard to believe this is a software limit. AMD's 6 monitors per-card is similarly bullshit, as on the 6900 series and up you can run two TMDS simultaneous with two DisplayPort (4 displays)...but somehow you can't run those two TMDS simultaneous with two MST hubs for 8 displays?

Last edited:
Couldn't you run 6 displays off any card with two DisplayPort 1.2 ports? Plug in a couple MST hubs...

At that price point you might as well just invest in a significantly better GPU for 6x monitors. Even if it simply for ensuring a better resale value down the road. Eyefinity versions of GPUs are pretty consistent in holding their value.

No, one card with a DisplayPort MST hub will also work.

Incorrect, Nvidia cards can support 6 displays off a single card with the addition of a DisplayPort MST hub.

No, it still won't work. It's a hardware limitation if I remember right.

I don't know if it's a driver limit of some weird hardware limit, but Kepler can't exceed 4 displays per-card.

Eyefinity 6 cards have 3 independent display controllers to handle the huge bandwidth and other technical requirements. Nowadays it takes a massive amount of bandwidth to handle 6 separate 4k displays like the FirePRO W9100 can handle.

Back