AMD 7000X3D Prices and release date!

Brackle

Old Timer

1675271824617.png

7900/7950X3D - 2-28-23
7800X3D - 4-6-23

So the 7800X3D didn't just get screwed on boost clocks but availability too? lol

So the 7800X3D didn't just get screwed on boost clocks but availability too? lol
Well all the stacked cores have to get toned back, that's not an option as the copper bond between the stacked layers has a melting temperature that falls within the operational range of the CPU, they need to ensure you don't melt that bond and possibly shift that stacked cache and destroy the CPU in the process.
The stacked cache cores on the other chips are similarly nerfed, the reason they post the much higher speeds is because they still have those other CCXs that aren't stacked and can maintain the full clock speeds.
The 7900 and 7950 are basically AMD's versions of Intel's E and P cores, only in this case they are more G and P cores, one for Gaming, the other for Productivity.

Well all the stacked cores have to get toned back, that's not an option as the copper bond between the stacked layers has a melting temperature that falls within the operational range of the CPU, they need to ensure you don't melt that bond and possibly shift that stacked cache and destroy the CPU in the process.
The stacked cache cores on the other chips are similarly nerfed, the reason they post the much higher speeds is because they still have those other CCXs that aren't stacked and can maintain the full clock speeds.
The 7900 and 7950 are basically AMD's versions of Intel's E and P cores, only in this case they are more G and P cores, one for Gaming, the other for Productivity.
That's fair. Will love to see what a 7800X3d can do.

I haven’t been able to read info on these lately but intended to get the 7950x on launch. Are these overclockable?

I haven’t been able to read info on these lately but intended to get the 7950x on launch. Are these overclockable?

Last I heard, no they are not.

Gotta love the $50 price increase for the 7900X3D over the 7900x. Even more than the old 5800x vs 5900x gap of $100. I thank AMD for a good morning laugh though. $450 for an 8core, that doesn't hit the market till April. Maybe this is why they've been quiet on any numbers though, the 2 months more till release.

Last I heard, no they are not.

Gotta love the $50 price increase for the 7900X3D over the 7900x. Even more than the old 5800x vs 5900x gap of $100. I thank AMD for a good morning laugh though. $450 for an 8core, that doesn't hit the market till April. Maybe this is why they've been quiet on any numbers though, the 2 months more till release.
condiering games dont need more than 8cores i dont see it being an issue If the 7800X3D is as fast as a 13900K in gaming. Then imo its a win, now the release date...yeah wtf.

If you want great gaming and productivity, get a 7900X3D.

Looks like initially it was listed on their website as overclockable. It was edited hours later and the line was removed. Plenty of Reddit posts about it. So officially they do not support it as of now. AMD may very well allow overclocking though if it was not a mistake on their info page (before being pulled). The edit happened at the same time that they moved the 7800x3d date out to April.

They are really trying hard to push the high end chips aren’t they?

like others said, "probably not" but i'm guessing they will probably be like the last couple generations where performance gains are had by overclocking/getting better memory

So the 7900x3d going to be a 8+4 setup or get screwed with a 6+6 core layout??
I don't think that has ever been confirmed what is is. I would think they would stick with the 6+6? But who the fuck knows with AMD.

That seems like allot for the 8 core. I'm debating on an upgrade. More so before I heard that some cores won't have the extra cache? Seems confusing.

They are just leading from top. In gaming it wont matter, but gonna sell you the 7900x3d first lmao. Just good business practice can't knock for that but the probably build stock on the 7800 for a month.

That seems like allot for the 8 core. I'm debating on an upgrade. More so before I heard that some cores won't have the extra cache? Seems confusing.
I mean its the same price as 5800x3d launch price. So gotta give em credit for dropping no x3d pricing and keeping these inline.

I mean its the same price as 5800x3d launch price. So gotta give em credit for dropping no x3d pricing and keeping these inline.
Exactly and IF the 7800X3D is 20% overall faster than a 5800X3D its a pretty big win imo. Of course gotta wait for real benchmarks since AMD/Intel/Nvidia all lie with their internal benchmarks lol

7800x3D is a bit pricey for me, but I am assuming there will be sales eventually. At $400 I will probably look into getting that one.

But the regular 7700 at $330 seems like a great bang for the buck CPU, and that will probably see $280 prices eventually. I will be interested to see how the 7800X3D stacks up in real world gaming.

The 7700X is on sale for $300 currently at newegg and it comes with Star Wars Jedi Survivor, for those that can't wait.

Last edited:

Eh, they kind of had to drop prices compete with Intel and ram/mobo costs. Time will tell if it will beat a i7 13700k for $30 more (current prices of $420).

If performance pans out, I’d totally be interested in either the 7800x3D or the 7900x3D. My 5800x is fine at the moment, but I’d still like a little more CPU power to through at things.

It sucks that the 7800x3d is launching so much later than the others. I've been waiting on these to see if it's the way I want to go on my next build and I haven't ruled out the 79x0 versions but I am curious if they even offer any real advantage for gaming or even possibly a deficit with 2 CCDs and 3d cache on only one.

I guess I can wait a couple of months for reviews on all of them but I have a feeling my 2700x is going to be a noticeable bottleneck in some games with the new graphics card I have coming.

It sucks that the 7800x3d is launching so much later than the others. I've been waiting on these to see if it's the way I want to go on my next build and I haven't ruled out the 79x0 versions but I am curious if they even offer any real advantage for gaming or even possibly a deficit with 2 CCDs and 3d cache on only one.

I guess I can wait a couple of months for reviews on all of them but I have a feeling my 2700x is going to be a noticeable bottleneck in some games with the new graphics card I have coming.

Its only a month. Can't blame them for leading with their Top chip since this is the first time they came out with the 12-16 cores.

Its only a month. Can't blame them for leading with their Top chip since this is the first time they came out with the 12-16 cores.
It's more like a month and a half but yeah it's not too surprising I was just hoping they would release them all mid-late Feb.

I would have upgraded my CPU at least once already if the GPU market hadn't been so awful the last couple of years so now I'm really overdue.

It's more like a month and a half but yeah it's not too surprising I was just hoping they would release them all mid-late Feb.

I would have upgraded my CPU at least once already if the GPU market hadn't been so awful the last couple of years so now I'm really overdue.

Just the month of march and then 6 days. So in between .

I admit that despite Lakados' likely very accurate rationale why they can't stack extra cache on all the cores and clock it to maximum speeds, it continues to grate on me. I accepted that rationale for the 5800X3D but I thought the entire time between then and the release of the 7950X3D was supposed to be solving the problem that the first iteration had in terms of manufacturing. Is this just sort of a tacit agreement that "we can't make it work at scale at least this year , but we're much better than last generation and even our compromise should punch way above its weight" ? If so, and it turns out that the 7950X3D is able to freely overclock and balance workloads along the best cache vs frequency with ease (on Linux, please. Nothing that requires a particular proprietary OS scheduler/driver package) then that's great and I'm sure they'll work on sorting this out for future generations more than a year out. However, I would at least like to know in advance before I buy the 7950X3D if there's some sort of "Oh yeah by the way, we're working on a 7990X3D that is 16cores all capable of clocking to 5.8 and all of them have stacked VCache!" product. I am guessing this isn't incredibly likely but still, I just don't want them to decide somewhere between April and July that its time to give the "real high end' or some such.

That said, if we go with these being the full lineup its a little annoying that they said "February" and then delivered it on the 28th (I was hoping that 14th leaked date was right) but I can at least appreciate they're leading with the higher end chips first if they need to do so but I do feel bad for those looking for the 8-core having to wait a bit longer. Still guess we'll see how this all comes together - better hope the data starts coming out soon.

Back