AMD 6X50 Series Info Leaked

Probably won't be much different in terms of performance. Still 7nm parts... and the only thing that looks different is the memory speed. I don't imagine they would be making any real architecture changes or it would be a 7000. Probably single digit gains, for the same price... or at least the same price in theory.

I was expecting these to be done on TSMC 6nm with slight clock boosts and faster memory but otherwise identical. Similar to the changes they are making for the PS5 refresh (which isn’t getting a change in clock speeds but will run at a lower temp) should make for an interesting refresh if they actually put a meaningful amount of them into production.

While this looks interesting it doesnt seem to be very diffrent from the 6900xt. I wonder how performance will compare.

https://videocardz.com/newz/amd-rad...50-xt-pictured-release-date-moved-to-may-10th

Likely close to the same, not enough to get excited. Reminds me a lot of the AMD refreshes from days of yore. Essentially a way to launch a "new" product by repackaging an older one with some slight modifications. Based on Videocardz's chart, likely will be something like a clockspeed increase akin to 7970 "GHz Edition", and some faster memory for some of the lower SKUs.

Likely close to the same, not enough to get excited. Reminds me a lot of the AMD refreshes from days of yore. Essentially a way to launch a "new" product by repackaging an older one with some slight modifications. Based on Videocardz's chart, likely will be something like a clockspeed increase akin to 7970 "GHz Edition", and some faster memory for some of the lower SKUs.
Wasn’t that also the 3X00 xt shit too?

Hard to be excited over something that's made out of unobtanium. Also priced like it too.
I have hope, miner’s generally got what they want, there’s little value in these upgrades for them, so I have no doubt that these cards will actually hit the retail shelves, my biggest concern is how many will AMD actually make?

Hard to be excited over something that's made out of unobtanium. Also priced like it too.
AMD reference cards were actually pretty easy to get, AMD moved to a completely randomized queue which made it pretty decent for the normal gamer to get one. I had a 6900xt for quite a while until I upgraded to a 3080ti so I could turn on Ray Tracing.

I have hope, miner’s generally got what they want, there’s little value in these upgrades for them, so I have no doubt that these cards will actually hit the retail shelves, my biggest concern is how many will AMD actually make?
ASIC miners for Ethereum making GPU mining nearly obsolete, much like they did for Bitcoin 11 years ago. Also the ever-delayed change to POS for Ethereum is allegedly near, which would have the same effect. GPU prices have been plummeting. Gamers can rejoice.

Yes, I know someone will come along and tell me other crypto coins are still profitable to mine, but these changes have unarguably put a dent in GPU prices. The price is reflected in AMD/NVDA's stock.

ASIC miners for Ethereum making GPU mining nearly obsolete, much like they did for Bitcoin 11 years ago. Also the ever-delayed change to POS for Ethereum is allegedly near, which would have the same effect. GPU prices have been plummeting. Gamers can rejoice.

Yes, I know someone will come along and tell me other crypto coins are still profitable to mine, but these changes have unarguably put a dent in GPU prices. The price is reflected in AMD/NVDA's stock.
ASIC miners aren't affecting GPU mining. The difficulty has been essentially flat for the last month, if it was affected by ASIC miners coming onto the market then difficulty would have been on an upward trend to the point where GPU mining isn't profitable any more. People are worried about the merge as you pointed out, that's the main reason cards are suddenly in stock.

Hopefully will get more performance / watt and slightly lower temps

But I'm guessing msrp pricing still won't exist, so maybe next year

Back